Which Torq-a-verter to buy?

fonz

I see Comet has both a cast back plate and a stamped back plate. From reading past posts it seems the ribs must be ground away to ft the doodle. Some have mentioned drilling new holes to tilt the unit a little also. And removing about half of the rear fender support so the unit will clear.
My question: Would any of that work be unnecessary with the stamped steel back plate? Is the steel plate a weaker unit? I'm using CJTMINI's three eighths plate so the engine is not up so high. Also can the Tav work in the snow or is there too much loss of friction?

My thanks to all who reply.

Ratbike

TAV Mount...

Here's how I mounted mine on my bonanza... the cover should protect it from moisture from the snow. Mine works great! Wasn't sure about the mount at first because of the angle but it works perfectly. The instructions said it can be mounted at any angle...seems they are correct! I ordered the one with multiple holes on the mount plate also... Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Motra

I'm not really sure but I think the TAV-2 is the only one available now unless someone still has the earlier model in stock. The TAV-2 is the aluminum one and is supposedly stronger, but it's also wider too. I'd kind of like to get a steel plate TAV to see how much narrower it is.

I just purchased the stamped steel version and have the cjtmini mount plate. What should I need to know before I attempt this? Can I keep the motor mounted with the same plate?