While strolling through the junkyard. Help Id.

myjunk

I saw this old steering wheel in the junkyard and had to have it. Obviously, it doesn't belong on an Allis Chalmers tractor. Since most mini bike guys also like old cars I thought I would ask and see if anyone knows. Thanks

Attachments

Those steering wheels are available in reproductions . They are popular with the custom crowd.
The only reproduction Banjo style steering wheels I have ever seen were 39 Ford Banjo style wheels. I have never seen a re-pop of this style with a necker knob built into it. Cool find for sure.

My 1962 MGA sports car car has an OEM repro banjo steering wheel that I purchsed from Moss Motors in Calif. decades ago. When I bought the car it had tired old wood-rimmed job from Pep Boys or JC Whitney. I forget what I paid for it all of those years ago, but Moss still offers the same repro wheel today for $290.00. They will also sell you a classic Brooklands-style banjo wheel for about $630.00.

You Tube has lots of steering wheel restoration vids. I like this one that shows the creation from scratch of a banjo steering wheel for a 1935 Cadillac. It looks like a fun project, but the equipment and chemicals are very expensive for a one-off item.