Who else is ready for spring?

toomanytoys

I am going completely nuts. I can't hardly stand this cold crappy sloppy god forsaken winter anymore.

Usually its not so bad, but I am about ready to pull my hair out!

Who else is with me? Spring NOW!

Me too Usually winter in TX is like spring was in NY. The last few years have had a lot of below freezing weather. This winter is the worst. Cold then warm then cold, record high Cedar pollen not only got me and my wife ill but both dogs started honking and we had to put them on doggie antihistamines.

WLB

toomanytoys, you couldn't have said it better. Usually I can tinker in the basement with my mill (not the CNC one) and lathe during the winter but it has been too cold lately to even do that in any degree of comfort.

I don't imagine Fairmont traffic makes things any better for you either. It and Morgantown have worse traffic than Indianapolis.

Everyday I look out of the house and it's snowing. It's either 2" an hour or flurries but it never seems to stop. I've got at least a foot of snow here and no warm weather to get rid of it. I want spring NOW and I think for putting up with this :censure: summer should last another three to five months longer than usual. It's been years since I've seen a winter here like this. It's WAY beyond old by now.

Doc

And to think I turned down a free trip to Ambergris Caye in Belize.
My neighbor Lisa has a home there and offered to take me and my two dogs down there for Christmas and New Year. They are still down there and I get the daily weather report from her face book page like 84 degrees 2 mph off shore breeze. It's a Island paradise off the coast of mainland Belize. 20050 feet off her front porch is the water so Cristal clear between the land and the second largest living barrier reef in the world and out the back door is the lagoon between Ambergris Caye and mainland Belize. WHAT I HAVE SNOW FREEZING RAIN SLUSH YUCK and I hate it.
Steve :scooter:

toomanytoys

I don't imagine Fairmont traffic makes things any better for you either. It and Morgantown have worse traffic than Indianapolis.
I am living in Morgantown now in an apartment. I had a house with a garage lined up in Fairmont but it sold before I signed the lease!

So I have a 2 bedroom 600 square foot apartment that is driving me bonkers too.

Last night there was a WVU basketball game, traffic up and down 705 was stupid.

45t

I'm ready to move

Its been bad in the Chicagoland area. We still have snow on the ground a month old. We've havent had days above freezing to melt anything so the snow keeps pileing up and it snows every few days. I hear on the news that it hasn't been this bad in 35 years. My wife and I keep talking about moving to florida but our biggest problem would be finding jobs. Maybe its just a dream we both share at this point.

A look out my front door.

Spring brings muddy roads in my world. Road impassible sign and its another mile and half to my house. I will get stuck out there this spring no doubt.:laugh:

Im almost hoping I could collect disability so I could buy some land down south to ride my toys and not have to worry about a job.... I'm falling apart slowly. This week it seems to be plantar fasciitis in my other foot. A cortisone shot yesterday and a follow up in 3 weeks where I am sure I will have the same surgery I had on my other foot already. This weather doesn't help the arthritis. But I guess the minis don't help the degenerative disc either....:grind::scooter:

buckeye

About 4 thousands job opening up in Mobile, just across the Mobile Bay from me.
Airbus is opening a plane manufacturing plant. Building big planes.
So, 45t there ya go.
This is better than Florida. Proprty taxes are minimal, thus public schools suck. Over on this side of the bay, much better schools and we are 20 minutes to the gulf.

Yes, after 70 yesterday, and now in the 40's. I'm ready for spring and the snowbirds lesving for their trips back to Mi, Wi, and Indiana. And the Canadians too.

MB165

yeah im ready, heating bill is getting expensive,
im on track to use a sixth skid of wood pellets...2,000 pounds per skid......i usually use 4-5 per year.:doah:

buckeye

They need to go. Grumpy about everything and think just because we live in the south, we couldn't possibly be as smart as their docs from home.:laugh:
And steal every condiment on the tables at restaurants.:laugh:
And if I hear it once, I hear it 50 times, "That's not how we do it at home".
Then stay at home.:laugh:

I am living in Morgantown now in an apartment. I had a house with a garage lined up in Fairmont but it sold before I signed the lease!

So I have a 2 bedroom 600 square foot apartment that is driving me bonkers too.
Moving from a house to an apartment- that right there will give you a good dose of cabin fever! It'll get better my friend. Hang in there.

Moving towards 90 here this week. Freeze my ass off at 40, or melt at 110. Wish it could hover around 75 for awhile..

yeah I'm ready to get out and do some warm weather activities.

Farmers almanac is saying below normal temps for spring, I hope they're wrong.

But then again once the temps get into the mid 40's I'll be basking in the heat wave.:laugh: