WHOS STILL RIDING IN WINTER? SHOW YOUR RIDE

Just got the first snow here in Michigan, and i took the coleman out for ride. I went back to the stock jackshaft and a 60t sprocket from a converter to keep wheel spinning down to a minimum for better traction. After that i aired down the tires for a lil softer ride and even more traction .It plows through the snow pretty good and has plenty of torque to spare. Even when i load it down with a 2 gallon gas can and a heavy gear bag, it trucks and scoots around like no bodys buisness. I also was testing the new lighting set up on it as well at night. It made riding much more intense at night, in snow, freezing cold and i had a blast.

Is anyone else riding their bikes in the snow? What mods did you do facilitate winter riding? Are you using a clutch or converter? Did you change gearing or tires?

Attachments

Last edited:

copyman

I wish i had a kit to convert my coleman to have tracks and a front ski. That would be the shit
I hear you about the ski. Wish I could find one for my Hilltopper. Think it was a $20 accessory back in 1971-72. I would pay $100 if I could find one. Think it would be cool to ride with a ski. Damn I can't wait until we get snow here in NJ so I can just ride for first time in snow with tires! Might have to wait until Jan or Feb. First real snow is usually after new year.

Going to be painting the whole bike the same gold as front fender and chain guard. This 1971 Chrysler Imperial gold leaf paint is supposedly what Heathkit used back then. Really close to unexposed paint under seat. Something what rust can do and I don't think this bike was actually outdoors and still the rust got to it. From what I was told it was in a garage for many years.

IMG_1054.jpg IMG_1051.jpg Untitled_09172020_023233_Page_03.jpg

I'm in California and don't know what this winter thing is. I was hanging out with the turkeys and chickens in shorts and a t-shirt this afternoon.

Pic is from a few weeks ago, might as well been today.

My annoy the neighborhood ride

Is that a ct200u frame or the 100?. Very cool bike man.

kayde

Aired down the tires and went for a ride around the village to check out the 8-10" of snow we got here.

Cutting through the fresh deeper stuff gives the ole tec and the belt a workout but it still chugged through anything I aimed for lol.

Had this bike out too, it stayed on the hard pack and was surprisingly stable.

Attachments