Why hasn't anybody done this yet?

I'm planning on building up a minibike this summer, but i want to put a 4 stroke dirtbike engine in it, like a honda crf engine or something like that, something smooth and quiet.But the thing is that i have never seen anybody do it before, so i'm wondering if their is a reason for it? Like if it's difficult to do for some reason etc thanks :scooter:

capguncowboy

I don't know that it's never been done, but I would think those engines would have too much torque for a 6" wheeled mini. Those tires aren't meant to go faster than about 35mph, which is why you'll be hard pressed to find a 6" tire with DOT rating on it. I suppose it depends on what size engine you're talking about ? 125cc? 250?

toomanytoys

It's been done. My major question is why. A fella can go find a Honda Honda 50 and slap one of those lifans in it and have a much safer better riding bike without a big deal.

I have a CT70 with a 140 lifan in it. That thing is a monster, and cruises down the road comfortably.

It's been done. My major question is why. A fella can go find a Honda Honda 50 and slap one of those lifans in it and have a much safer better riding bike without a big deal.

I have a CT70 with a 140 lifan in it. That thing is a monster, and cruises down the road comfortably.
My thoughts exactly!