Why is my carburetor leaking after new e tube and jet installed?

Hello hello this my first ever post on here so please excuse me if I’m asking a question that’s be rung dry a thousand times. I have an older Baja warrior frame I believe w/ a 212 predator engine, 18lb springs, governor removed, straight pipe exhaust, performance air filter(basically a step 1 upgrade plus a couple other little things). MY QUESTION: I’ve checked the float bowl and re adjusted the spring that tells the bowl it’s getting too full and to stop letting gas into the bowl multiple times. I recently re jetted the carb and I’m wondering if that can cause the carb to leak and I need to find different jets+e-tube or if it’s simply that the carb is just no good anymore for some reason? Idk.. I’m still in the learning process of working on these small engines but I love it and I’m HOOKED for life. Anyways thanks I’m advance for any insight anyone may have in this.

Cuda54

Do you have the engine flat or angled? Is it leaking when it is running or shut off. Does it leak after you shut the fuel off?

Lizardking

Welcome to the rabbit hole, aka oldminibikes.com..

Is it a stock carb? Did the leak start after the jet change? I had to reseat the main jet a few times on a carb I rebuilt. My carb is an updraft from a 71 Briggs though.

Is the gas pouring out of the carb through the intake.

Or did you damage the bowl gasket?
I’m not sure about your first question tbh.. It’s definitely possible I could have damaged the gasket due to all of the tinkering around I’ve done with it over the past few days ‍♂️ I think what I’m going to do is just buy a brand new carb($15) off Amazon and slap that on there so I don’t have to mess around with it anymore lol

Do you have the engine flat or angled? Is it leaking when it is running or shut off. Does it leak after you shut the fuel off?
The engine is mounted flat on the bike. Leaks while it’s running and then I think it just bleeds for a minute or two after I shut off the engine..

toomanytoys

I’m not sure about your first question tbh.. It’s definitely possible I could have damaged the gasket due to all of the tinkering around I’ve done with it over the past few days ‍♂️ I think what I’m going to do is just buy a brand new carb($15) off Amazon and slap that on there so I don’t have to mess around with it anymore lol
Where is your fuel leak coming from?

Typically if you have a bad float adjustment or bad needle seat it would spill out from the carb through the intake or back into the engine.

If you damaged or lost the gasket for the bowl you'd have a leak there. First time I took mine apart the oring fell out and I didn't see it. It leaked fuel every where.

Stock ruixing carbs or even a nicer bored carb isnt much. I bought 3 ruixing brand carbs for $12 each off Amazon. I keep them around to get rid of the epa carbs.

Addicted 2 Minis

If the carb was still mounted on the engine and all you did was remove the one bolt that holds the float bowl on and replaced the jet. Chances are the float bowl gasket fell out while apart or the new jet isn't all the way in making it so the float bowl bolt won't tighten enough to seal the bowl gasket. There's also a red fiber washer that should be on the float bowl bolt. If you had the float out, it is possible that the needle fell out and if it was but back together without the needle, it'll leak until all the gas is emptied out of the tank, even while the engine isn't running.

Why is that? I’m still new to this whole thing so any help is appreciated for sure!
Stock parts aren't designed to rev much past their governed rpm. It's a safety thing. You're looking at around $170 in parts plus shipping/taxes. for the ARC billet rod and ARC billet flywheel. The PVL flywheel is a bit cheaper.

There are some videos posted in this thread of the carnage that can happen when you don't have the upgraded parts installed.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-coleman-ct200u-won’t-start-up.173217/