Width of foot-pegs; 24"?

Li'l Popeye

Hello,
I'm building a minibike powered by a GX160 with torque converter. I have the torque converter installed and now I am at the point to make foot-pegs for it.

Problem is that the engine with the torque converter is a bit wide. And to make the ride comfortable I measure a total distance for foot-pegs of approx. 24" wide. Is this a normal distance, because it seems large. If I narrow it, my feet can't be placed on the foot-pegs like I want them to.
I have some fold-able foot-pegs, but they will still be 24" wide.
There's no option to put the pegs in front of the motor and torque converter, because that will interfere with the steering.
What's your foot peg width distance?

Gr,
John

My other minibike (with clutch) has 19" width. But with the torque converter I have to go wider.
Stick them higher on the frame, and then go with what feels right. I do that on smaller frames, but looking at your roller, you have the room to do that. Nothing is worse than sticking a peg into the dirt while in a turn. I don't recall ever measuring width for pegs. As long as I can get a heel on them, I'm good.

Li'l Popeye

My torque converter bikes have the foot pegs at the back of the engine plate and I have no issues clearing the TAV guard
On my bike it doesn't feel comfortable to put the footpegs at the back of the engine plate.
Like Havasu Dave mentioned, I have now mounted them higher on the frame and a bit in front.
The width is now around 19" and they're at the same height as the front- and rearaxles are.
I can put my feet on them, but it's a bit tight with the engine/torque converter.