will a 7hp Tecumseh snowblower engine fit on a Baja warrior?

Hey guys, I recently blew the stock 6.5hp engine on my baja warrior. Im in ontario, so I am unable to purchase a predator 212cc at this time, since I cant get over the border. I have two months to find an engine before I take my minibike on vacation. I tried looking for old generators or pressure washers with a similar honda clone 6.5hp, but there isnt many for under $100. On the other hand, 7hp snowblowers are a dime a dozen. I want to know if it is possible to fit an engine of this size on a stock baja warrior frame. If so, the engine will get me by long enough until I am able to get over the border to by a predator. snow 2.jpg

Stay away from generator and pressure washer engines as most have tapered crankshaft ends that is not conducive to mounting a clutch or torque converter. I have heard that there are "adapters" you can purchase to slip over the crankshaft end, however, I have never tried one.
Michael;

Stay away from generator and pressure washer engines as most have tapered crankshaft ends that is not conducive to mounting a clutch or torque converter. I have heard that there are "adapters" you can purchase to slip over the crankshaft end, however, I have never tried one.
Michael;
thanks for the advice Michael. I didn’t take that into consideration.

SAS289

Michael;
He has a blown 196. If he found a generator powered by a 196 he would do a simple crankshaft swap out and be good to go.

colt 1911

Hey guys, I recently blew the stock 6.5hp engine on my baja warrior. Im in ontario, so I am unable to purchase a predator 212cc at this time, since I cant get over the border. I have two months to find an engine before I take my minibike on vacation. I tried looking for old generators or pressure washers with a similar honda clone 6.5hp, but there isnt many for under $100. On the other hand, 7hp snowblowers are a dime a dozen. I want to know if it is possible to fit an engine of this size on a stock baja warrior frame. If so, the engine will get me by long enough until I am able to get over the border to by a predator. View attachment 278985
be careful that the mounting base is the same foot print if you use a big block. the big block is wider. the big block will need to have been equipped with a remote cable that can be used to push or pull. find a hs50 like in your picture with a 3/4 inch by 2 1/4 inch long threaded and keyed crank. use the conversion kit in the link and add a air cleaner Genuine Tecumseh CONTROL Part# 730136A 654329040782 | eBay

joshua. c.

From what I've herd those 7hp motors have alot of torque so if your staying stock you may be pretty satisfied with the 7 and not need the 196.

joshua. c.

If you like eayer maintenence try to find a later model h70 with an external coil without points, points under the flywheel are a pain to maintain.

To reduce maintenence further tecumsehs need a fule filter added and if it dosn't already have one a it will need a fuel cut off valve. (shut the fuel off when not ridding) Fule stabilizer helps reduce maintenence and cleaning the rust off then painting the coil and magnet helps prevent spark issues. With these recomendations your motor can be as reliable as any honda.