Winber 2015

If we were going forward. Jeff would be looking forward...lol

Now that we're talking about it, I now remember Randy backing out with that gentle ark and pulling that orange tractor out of the mud. Sure glad Randy was there, I may have had to do it with my Porsche.

Jesse

Had a great time for my first trip to Windber. Everyone (yes you too Gumpit and boatguy) Were extremely nice and welcoming.Even though this was my first time...
I felt like part of the family.
I needed this trip. It was the first time in over a month that I laughed.
My mom died a few days prior to the show after 1 mo in Hospice.
I had told her of the get together months ago. She laughed at the thought of her youngest son now a old man ridding a minibike with a bunch of old foogies. "go for it " were her words.So I did.
.Thanks to all who made my stay a few days to remember.
Logman

Had a great time for my first trip to Windber. Everyone (yes you too Gumpit and boatguy) Were extremely nice and welcoming.Even though this was my first time...
I felt like part of the family.
I needed this trip. It was the first time in over a month that I laughed.
My mom died a few days prior to the show after 1 mo in Hospice.
I had told her of the get together months ago. She laughed at the thought of her youngest son now a old man ridding a minibike with a bunch of old foogies. "go for it " were her words.So I did.
.Thanks to all who made my stay a few days to remember.
Logman
I was nice meeting you as well. Hope you're back next year and bring back more of that beer. It was good. I still can't believe you fit all of that in the Prius. I'll be looking for your Toyota commercial.

It was great meeting you and everyone else I havent met before... Every year gets better because you meet more people and become more comfortable. So many times people do not know how to react to the "characters" on the forum. People are seldom how you think they are on the forum. Much of the what is said in fun is sometimes taken the wrong way in print. You think some are jerks then you meet them and you have the best time with them. It's all fun. They are just mini bikes....

It was great to meet you Logman.:thumbsup: I can't believe you got all that stuff in a Toyota car.:laugh: Forgot you had to leave a case of water behind that didn't fit.:laugh:

Sorry to hear about your mom Mike .Glad you made it home ok the next day. What did you think about the adventure through Pittsburgh. Hope you can make it out again next year. Like they said each year seems more like a reunion out there. Keep in touch.

Thanks all for the kind words.This is a trip for the books.
Chatten, I know why I bipassed Pittsburg on the way out. Not the way I would take in the future, but the landscape prior to Pittsb. was fantastic.

It is alive..... I picked Up this rusty Rupp Rat at Windber for $100. Tossed some rocks in the tank and gave it a good shake. Put in some muriatic acid. Brazed a couple of pin holes... (Still need to put in some sealer though).... Put on a new air filter and carb... Then fired her up... I still need to adjust the carb and tighten the chain. It needs s new belt. But if it runs ok then I will leave this a Rusty Rat Rupp. I haven't had time to do much else besides a ton of yard work but I'll get there now that the yard is done. I have been taking the Heald Chatten built for me on nightly neighborhood rides after all the yard work. That cloned VT5 is the nicest riding minibike I have ever driven. Thanks again Rick. It is truly awesome.
Rbtrike Rupp Rat - YouTube

I did put a new tire on the back,but didnt tighten the chain.... It looks like it had a 70s flower on the plate on the front. Might try to find another to keep it 70s looking. I have the TC cover but the belt is old. Good putter-arounderer I hope.... Since it is an Enduro I should probably peel off what is left of the Roadster stickers on the tank...

Attachments

O.k. I am hoping to try and adjust the carb tomorrow. Where should I start. Has the screw on the bottom,one on the side and the throttle stop.

Street Smart

Small one on the side is the air/fuel mixture at idle. One on the bottom is adjusts the mixture when ur riding and giving it gas.
Karens suggestion is a good starting point.