Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2017

Did some pre-windber test riding up at the cottage
Two bike working good and two with carb issues
I still have two more I need to finish and test

The toy hauler trailer is still wegded in it's winter home beside the garage , have to pull it out and empty it
I think it had a roof leak , so may have some repairs to do
But it will all get done as other years

yup....what he said, the hotel rooms get hard to find there is a J.W. convention in Johnstown that same weekend, and they fill up all the hotels quick, you can look in somerset if you cant find local, or camp on the grounds. theres snackbar, hot water, bathrooms, showers with admission. I unhook my trailer and lock minis in it when we are at the hotel, never had a problem yet. it would be nice to meet you in person.
pete

I just might stay in a motel about an hour out. Last year I drove through some ultra fine "pickin'" areas and spoke to a few peeps. One guy had mint corvette kart body that I didn't pull the trigger on. There's gold on those back roads.

I usually get there a day or two early and stay at a campground about a half hour away. I stayed in one of their "rustic" cabins so I didn't have to unload my trailer. Less than half the cost of the local motel.

I just might stay in a motel about an hour out. Last year I drove through some ultra fine "pickin'" areas and spoke to a few peeps. One guy had mint corvette kart body that I didn't pull the trigger on. There's gold on those back roads.
Yeah that's the best bet. Get up and you just have a short drive. The surrounding area is pretty off the grid. Some great finds to finded!

Well, I am sorry and sad to say that Mama has decided not to come this year :doah: So there will be no cook, I can bring the grill if someone wants me to but don't expect me to cook :no: But if no one speaks up I'm leaving it home :shrug: For those of you in our corner she is sending the same pasta salad we had last year :thumbsup: I will be bringing the coffee maker and coffee and cups if you want creamer or sugar you will need to bring your own :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you Mariah..!!

We plan to be in on Wednesday as well........:thumbsup:....gonna try to meet the gang at Walmart, and do the convoy in....:laugh:....come join us.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Robert but I'm bringing the cabover tilt bed so it will be much more practical to park at the drive in lot or near there and roll in by GPS time to arrival.

Well, I am sorry and sad to say that Mama has decided not to come this year :doah: So there will be no cook, I can bring the grill if someone wants me to but don't expect me to cook :no: But if no one speaks up I'm leaving it home :shrug: For those of you in our corner she is sending the same pasta salad we had last year :thumbsup: I will be bringing the coffee maker and coffee and cups if you want creamer or sugar you will need to bring your own :thumbsup:
I was thinking that since most of our group hangs together we can probably save some space by setting up together. Someone brings the grill... someone brings the cooler... etc...since the pavillion isnt open day one then cooking is a good idea. I have 2 ez ups so one can be set up as a communal kitchen and the other could be for hanging out. Since Randy,you are beside me usually you wouldn't have to pack your ez up and we can fill my giant cooler with drinks from Walmart,food or whatever when we get there. I have a spare chair... plenty of room for others to sit under my 12x12 ez up... etc....thoughts