Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2017

Hmmmm. I just may be able to do that. I go on the Hot Rod Power Tour every year. This year it ends in Kentucky somewhere. I don't know the city yet. I'll probably be done with that Saturday morning the 17th. How long does Windber go and where is it located?
I've never been there. The thing is I won't have any of my minibikes with me though, I'll have to ride someone elses :)

Danford1
Hello Danford1.

Glad to hear you are interested in Windber....it's unbelievable....but best enjoyed when you can be there multiple days.

If you are close by and can only do a day trip, that's cool too, but be aware that if your event ends in Kentucky sometime Saturday morning, and at best you arrive by air to Pittsburgh, then drive 1.5 hours, and arrive in Windber sometime late Saturday afternoon, you would have missed 95% of the event.

Please try to experience Windber sometime, but do it when you have enough time to enjoy it. Believe me, you wouldn't regret it, if you cut your other event short, just so you could make it to Windber this year....:thumbsup:

And yes, there'll be plenty of bikes to ride.....:scooter:

Last edited:
Hello Danford1.

Glad to hear you are interested in Windber....it's unbelievable....but best enjoyed when you can be there multiple days.

If you are close by and can only do a day trip, that's cool too, but be aware that if your event ends in Kentucky sometime Saturday morning, and at best you arrive by air to Pittsburgh, then drive 1.5 hours, and arrive in Windber sometime late Saturday afternoon, you would have missed 95% of the event.

Please try to experience Windber sometime, but do it when you have enough time to enjoy it. Believe me, you wouldn't regret it, if you cut your other event short, just so you could make it to Windber this year....:thumbsup:

And yes, there'll be plenty of bikes to ride.....:scooter:

So I guess that means it ends on Saturday. When does it start?

Danford1

Some go Wednesday,Most people get there Thursday. People keep showing up.It ends Sunday. But the parade,cookout,band,games,bike show are over Saturday. Sunday is just a lazy pack up day and leave whenever.

Last edited:

Razzo

Been attending Windber since the 2nd year of the meet. Watched it grow from 75 people in attendance to hundreds now. Hopefully good weather and people act a lot more responsible this year. Felt bad for Jeff and his family after last years chaos. Hopefully people will be more respectful of the rules this year.

I'm in this year it will be my first. MaYbe some of the people that have attended before can post some tips. Like what to bring? Camping gear and other essentials.

There are no electric or water hook ups. It is people parking in a field. It can get cold So bring blankets. There is a pavillion with bathrooms and showers. It is a very family friendly event so Kids always have the right away. They serve food and drinks. So you can bring a tent,trailer,sleep in your car or stay in a hotel and just come by during the day. Hang out,ride around shop or sell. Meet everyone both from the forum and off. It is run by the Mihalkos who are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

I am well aware it will be when Jeff releases them. I asked if anyone has an inkling of an idea. I am going into open heart of February 2nd and I am trying to tie up all of the loose ends I can before the surgery. I am running out of time to get things done. Sadly my heart is becoming a serious problem.

Doc

Last edited:
Due to abuse of the rules at Windber there will be changes in the works this winter. Jeff and I will be making changes to due the lack of respect for his property and rules. Riders continued to ride the dirt road and blacktop road after multiple announcements to NOT do it. Racing thru the vender areas. Children out of control. Get it together parents. You set the example. Some of the adult riders are the worst offenders. The parade was a disaster. People NOT obeying the rules. Passing in the oncoming traffic lanes. No respect for Jeff with kind of behavior. He is responsible for the event. The blame falls on him. Then the ACCIDENT. First time ever. Police and EMS involved. That should have never happened.. This may be the end of the Parade due to all the bad behavior. Rules will be changed. No longer will new auto parts store mini bikes be welcome. A pre- date for all bikes will be enforced. This a VINTAGE meet. Not a free-for-all to destroy someone's private property. His family lives there. Have respect for it. He doesn't have to open his home to you. You know who you are. Not all are to blame. Remember it only takes a few idiots to ruin a great thing. And who am I? I have attended this since the 2nd meet and Jeff is my friend.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...e-reunion-2016-a-post1051833.html#post1051833

Thanks Hent. I was kinda figuring that changes were coming. I was hoping some little tid bit may have gotten out and I could take care of it before the 2nd. I can't worry about it now, I'll have that to think about after. I appreciate you checking!

Doc

If Jeff is going to have it, I'll be there again. Haven't missed a year since 2003.

Jeff was really PO'd about the guy that passed people on the wrong side of the road ... then crashed.