Winter riding

Finally tried some Kold Kutter studs in the trike tires and wish I had done it years ago, those MX guys know what they're doing! Myself and another infamous OldMiniBikes member got out on the ice last week and wow they really hook up. Anyone besides the MI guys been out this winter? Plenty of ice around this year. Just watch it since it's supposed to really warm up again in NY.

My little Snowco trike goes around the yard real well with the digging tires I have on it, for any sharp turns steering with brakes is the only way.

Rode my MW straight tube, fat tire trike in the snow last week!
What a hoot! 11hp. Tecumseh with on board electric start makes winter riding awesome.
Tires really bite into the snow.

Nice, yeah that's true Mariah the separate brakes are a plus. BTW what rear tires are those Roadmaster? I like that 11HP Tec, can't have too much HP right?

Nice, yeah that's true Mariah the separate brakes are a plus. BTW what rear tires are those Roadmaster? I like that 11HP Tec, can't have too much HP right?
The rear tires were hard to find. The originals were still on it when I found it.
The ones in the pics are Carlisle “HD Field Tracs” 22x12x8s.

The front one is a Duro 21x12x8. The aggressive tractor pattern works great in dirt, turf, snow.

MJL- I’ll try to get underside pics soon, but essentially it’s got its original Peerless 1 inch differential underneath
driven by the original sprocket. The brakes are original set up but completely rebuilt left and right.
Has Original Comet 20 7” torque converter on original jack shaft set up driving the whole setup.

I have the original Tecumseh 8 hp HM80. It has the hard to find 7 amp alternator and ring gear.
It only needed freshening up with new ignition parts and carb.

BUT, a friend had a NEWOld Stock 11hp Tecumseh that was meant for a snow blower.
Turns out the crankshaft ends were identical. So, the flywheel from the HM80 went on the 11hp.
I wired it up with a small switch panel for the electric starter, aux lighting, and battery charging.
Only minor mod required for throttle cable operation.

The thing is a beast. Pulls like a freight train. Can’t believe that CESTAD the original manufacturer
offered an optional 22hp Koehler back in the day!
This is NOT an MW T555. Those have a gooseneck frame that bolts for travel.
I was lucky enough to find this one that had the rare fat tire front end instaed of the smaller skinny tire version.
Got it from a farmer who bought it to check on his fields so he didn’t have to always get his
Big diesel tractor out. So, it was really in excellent condition and not beaten to death by kids.

Finally tried some Kold Kutter studs in the trike tires and wish I had done it years ago, those MX guys know what they're doing! Myself and another infamous OldMiniBikes member got out on the ice last week and wow they really hook up. Anyone besides the MI guys been out this winter? Plenty of ice around this year. Just watch it since it's supposed to really warm up again in NY.
Hey where in Ny are you at? Maybe we could ride together?

Hey where in Ny are you at? Maybe we could ride together?
Just outside Albany. PM sent, I’ll try to get some more shots of the lake next time, it’s a beautiful spot, even in the winter. Blew the low oil sensor wire/plug and a case gasket right out of the block so oil leaks cut our day short with the trikes. But we got some good tire R and D in. I added a few more spikes but a few here and there really make all the difference compared to none.

Had the Hesld out today on Lake Winnibago here in Wisconsin. It was a trial and error time. Going to put the torque converter back on snd maybe look for a taller front tire. Bill's warroir ran great and i liked its handling better than mine. Bill stayed upright and i lost it on a smpoth corner. Rear slid out from under me. The track was a little rough from the warm weather earlier in the week. It was a blast with only us 2 guys out there. Think im going to look for a warrior roller to build for next year. Jim Kemp you need to grt one together and i would bring it home from windber and then you would have a bike here to ride eitj us.