winter..

what plans are you guys and gals doing as far as mini bikes? myself getting my cat dominator put back together since i had it painted.. maybe build another one from scratch.... have a few motors nos tav2 to use.

old-timer

Scamming Member
I've got all kinds of half finished projects and projects not even started yet. I don't know if OWH is doing a build off this year, but I have a Arco resto to do. Plus get back to work on my Motovox drag bike, 3 flat heads to go through, a Fox Campus thats been sitting for 10yrs, and I'm thinking of scratch building a new Briggs IC if I can find a new or like new short block :shrug:

Oh and I also want to build up a new modded Predator at some point.
I think I'll be busy for the winter :laugh:

45t

I'm putting an H60 on my Alsport TS50 trike and taking the HS50 that's on it now and putting it on the mongrel Cat 400 TSX project I'm building this winter.

Last edited:

vwfan79

I have a 68 Sensation Go Devil that I'm gonna do up with a nicley powered Paredator with the Downs Bros manual clutch I picked up. Also want to repaint a few other bikes and would like to get a Bonanza to build a new track bike with (dirt and paved).

The main thing iv been trying to acomplish lately is getting my current progects done and resist the temptation to start something new. Im working on my mini jeep trailer now and its nearly done. Then finish the tank on my ramrod. iv got a few frames to weld up. It should be winter by then. Iv got a honda spree sidecar half built that id like to finish and a small minibike half finished. Also have my mini tractor half finished i may try to get 3/4 finished :laugh: also have a honda express i need to finish the details on. Then if there is a buildoff this year Iv got a plan for another scratch bike. Ill build that either way. And iv got a few other ideas i might start on to torture myself. Also have a little 2 stroke to rebuild and book shelf im building in the basement for when im sick of being out in the cold. So yeah ill be keeping busy this winter :laugh:

I sold 2 mini bikes recently which leaves me with 6. 1 is finished, 2 I am leaving original, so that leaves me with 3 projects for the winter. An Arco, Bonanza Scout, and Bird Duck. :thumbsup:

Winter is mostly engine time for me.....this winter I plan on getting an H35 for my Fimco chopper done annnnnnd some HS40's for some future Cat restos.

I'll probably sand blast and work out imperfections on several frames/forks as well and get them ready for paint and/or powdercoating in the spring.

joshua. c.

i have to re build a moded tecumseh hs50 for my green chris sycle mini bike. it has a un modified spare hs50 engine on it for now, just to keep it running. i have to finish a complete rupp roadster 2 resto mod, i plan on a full restoration with the origenal hs40 engine hopped up. i have to get the tank of my orther complete running rupp roadster 2 fixed or replaced (its in realy bad shape), free the shocks then paint the bike. and i have to finish putting a moded tecumseh ohh55 back together for my alsport trike. all 3 tecumseh engines im working on are waiting on cam re grinds. im sending them out later this month. I also still have some work to do on 2 snowmobiles. one could use new trailing arms due to cosmetic damage. the other needs a new seat cover and the hood is all cracked up. i have a replacement hood in much better shape but it still needs some tlc. so iv got my hands full, im not sure all of this will get done this year.

Looks like I'll be building a flathead, learning the fine points of how to use the tubing bender (a.k.a. wasting some tubing for the greater good), making a fork straightener fixture, and looking for a VT or a Boonie to restore.

IJG

indoor mechanical work

Yeah' I plan to purchase parts monthly as usual to just upkeep the bikes.
I will ride in the winter,But I will look like the abominable snow man.
About 12 layers and then a winter coat.
2 beanies, a descent pair of gloves,long john's, sweats & jeans.
Cruise Virginia Beach ! Our city is cool with it. until July 1, 2014
That's the day you can't have any outstanding unpaid traffic violations or
have No Identification, & anything above 35 mph is considered a motorcycle & must abide by all traffic laws. Under 35 mph it needs to have a title,tags & registration, under 25 mph you have to be 16 or older & is exempt from title,tags & registration but does needs basic requirements ,Brakes,helmets,eye protection,and hand signals. Lets Ride :scooter:
mopeds in virginia- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Finally found a set up that keeps the chain on. It's now a GREAT cruiser! This winter it's getting a new gas tank to replace the current {dented} tank and new paint on the frame and motor, which is a nice running/sounding 1967 5 HP Briggs #130232.

buckeye

It's never winter in Alabama.....well, 50's.:laugh:

I hope to have a Nanza to play with this winter. If I can sell any of my junk.:laugh:

I only have 30 days of work left (Run a Bait Shop) then off for four months. I'm hoping to have two Wild Goose rollers (or a Goose and Spyder) by then to work on with my 12 year old. Then we have to get an H40 to rebuild and put on. The second one is gonna need a bit more motor to pull my fat :censure: around. On top of that, I'm starting a new business with my better half:facepalm: No matter what, I think winter is gonna go by quickly this year!

Go to the beach maybe a bicycle ride or two, wife will probably want to have a picnic at a park somewhere?
Take the street bike out for a ride, you know the usual things you do on a WARM SUNNY DAY.

Hey Buckeye,

I wish it was the lake! I'm on the Detroit River, It's 40 degrees in here and I'm sitting in front of a electric tower heater to keep warm. My only outlet is reading these posts and watchin Youtube videos of "What does the fox say". I work 12 to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just let me know when we can switch jobs. :laugh::eek:ut::eek:ut::laugh:

Last edited: