With good gravity feed, is a pulse pump required?

Just curious if a pulse pump is recommended? And specific power level that requires one? Or if this is more for setups with tanks lower than the feed. I've heard of these "over running" the carb. If I don't need it... figure its one more thing I could remove.

NO! if you have gravity feed that is fine and what most float carbs want. Pressure pumps will sometimes push open the needle/seat. Some carbs sell special seats with smaller holes to use with pumps.

I have good results with mounting the tank so that the fuel supply nipple is located rearward.
If the fuel supply nipple is way up front, the acceleration of the bike can push the fuel rearward and starve the engine for fuel temporarily.

I74

I grafted a 79cc Predator tank on my GX 200, & the nipple is facing rearward.
I also used as large of diameter fuel line that I could, & as short as possible,, with it progressively angling down towards the rear to the carb.
It's amazing just the small little things like that to help with performance/ reliability & efficiency.

No fuel starvation there.;)

I grafted a 79cc Predator tank on my GX 200, & the nipple is facing rearward.
I also used as large of diameter fuel line that I could, & as short as possible,, with it progressively angling down towards the rear to the carb.
It's amazing just the small little things like that to help with performance/ reliability & efficiency.

No fuel starvation there.;)
I remember that, the smaller tank looks so killer

Also, it is the small things, once you get to a certain point. The small things make a big difference at that point