WLB's 2013 open class build

WLB

With just two days left, this is as complete as I'm going to be able to make it. It runs as the video in a previous post shows but there are still things that need to be done: namely, some sort of fenders, a guard for the chain between the first and second jackshaft, brake cables, a way to carry some gas for a reserve, and probably something else I will think of later.

I rode it around in the back yard for about a half hour before I took the above pictures and everything seems good to go for a thorough test at the farms on Friday.

Since I don't plan to ride double on Mr Goat I decided to leave the back section as it is in the photo. It will be great for hauling shelled corn to the feeders or tools and supplies back into the woods when we build our permanent blinds.

The Build-Off has been great fun and a good motivation to keep at it. A big thank you to Clayton for making it happen. And best of luck to all of you that actually finished your project and are in the running for the trophies. There are some really talented builders here with awesome skills. It is good to see the number of young (I guess everyone here is young compared to me:smile::smile:) people that are willing to wrap their hands around a tool and accomplish something.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.

WLB

Thanks mmisterbungl and Bruceo.

I have already started gathering parts for Mr Goat 002. 002 will be for my wife and will be lower and scaled down some. It won't have to be able to haul much more than her but still needs to be able to go anywhere. Hope I can downsize a little and still keep the low speed balance and handling of 001.