Working mans velocity stack [cheap]

matt2

Hey guys just thought I'd show you some more pictures. First picture is the velocity stack cut and slid on adapter. #2 is just a shot from behind the stack. I'll go out somewhere and get a key ring and some kind of mesh. I'm thinking screen door mesh at ace. Anyhow take a look.

buckeye

That is so cool Matt. Paint the inside to match the bike accents,like squarechopper did on his, I mean his Dad's ElTigre:thumbsup:

nice looking stack :thumbsup:
for the screen i would look into flash screen the stuff that is in gas tanks to keep fire from going in the tank . or maybe ask oldsalt if he still has some of the milk screen . its some real fine ss and would stop more dirt and bugs then window screen would

That serves no functional purpose do to the fact it has a big LIP inside where the two pieces were super glued? together. But it looks cool.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
That serves no functional purpose do to the fact it has a big LIP inside where the two pieces were super glued? together. But it looks cool.
A velocity stack, is a velocity stack

Granted the smoother the flow the better. " big LIP inside " does reduce flow.

The fact is he created a velocity stack / Carb vacuum tube

An I will say job Well done :thumbsup: an Red Green would be proud.

i dont think the motor would get that hot out there at the carb stack?
so how about using Hot glue stick to set the screen and hold the key ring?
then you can do a little bit/area of the circle at a time let it dry,fill in another section till its done all the way around?
and the flow of the carb stack wont be affected?
heck if you do it right you could Then Shape that lip n flow super smooth...?
just a thought.

matt2

Thanks you guys I have not seen this thread for a while. I like the hot glue idea. I did see that stack in my tool box the other day, time to bring it back out and play some more with it.:smile:

I was just thinking....instead of doing the key ring and screen, would a cover from a pair of ear phones fit over the end of the stack? That would make a nice filter and might still look good. Something like this:

matt2

I was just thinking....instead of doing the key ring and screen, would a cover from a pair of ear phones fit over the end of the stack? That would make a nice filter and might still look good. Something like this:

I think this is a good idea! :thumbsup:

its a good idea but wrong foam.
that foam will end up sucking into the carb,its too brittle.
reminds me of them air cleaners they used to sell us bitd.
30 mins in and the foams gone,sucked into the motor.
jmo.
you Could take a reg foam off a lawnmower and cut it to fit that bell...

thats a great idea. id use that ear phone foam plus a bit of air filter foam behind it and then a piece of screen wedged in there to keep it all out of the carb

could you could buy a tiny tap and tiny allen screws add 4 to the base
and use the allen screws to grip the carb

on scooters they use a velocity stack that looks just like that with the screws at the base
and just pinch on the carb lip

Looks good, I had the same thought for my '61 B&S but I bought a small sink drain from my local hardware store. Ill post a pic in a few.