Worth it but what is it ???

mustangfrank

Does anyone know what the original front / rear tire sizes are?? Currently I have a 21x12x8 Carlisle Knobby in the rear, but see that size is no longer in production. Wondering if that is original or a larger replacement?
That is the original size rear tire. 21x11-8 is the most available replacement size. I believe your front tire is original size as well. The forks on a Super Bronc (later models) with the matching 21x11-8 front tire are wider.

16258592372991316681939992304244.jpg

That is the original size rear tire. 21x11-8 is the most available replacement size. I believe your front tire is original size as well. The forks on a Super Bronc (later models) with the matching 21x11-8 front tire are wider.

View attachment 280309
Thank you for the visual, your forks do look wider. The spread between the forks on my '74 Super Bronc is about 9.25 inches, so that same rear tire surely won't work.

Thank you for the visual, your forks do look wider. The spread between the forks on my '74 Super Bronc is about 9.25 inches, so that same rear tire surely won't work.
With that fork spread your bike (as did my 1974 VT-8) came with the smaller front tire. The OEM front tire would have been a Carlisle Turf Saver
18 X 8.5 -8 which are still available.
Michael

Got a couple of more questions if anyone can provide the assistance... How does the fuel line get routed?? Through the engine housing? Where might I be able to find front end brake parts, looks like I have the drum. I have a large spring that seems to go to nowhere, but I have seen some photos that seem to show maybe a chain tensioner or something, any guesses??

A couple of updates, I worked like heck to figure out the chain size, everything pointed to a #40 or #420, but as it turns out it is a #428, everything else was just too small. I also dug up a photo of where I picked the Super Bronc, and an ad from a 6/74 Popular Mechanics, the same year as the bike.

Attachments

mustangfrank

A couple of updates, I worked like heck to figure out the chain size, everything pointed to a #40 or #420, but as it turns out it is a #428, everything else was just too small. I also dug up a photo of where I picked the Super Bronc, and an ad from a 6/74 Popular Mechanics, the same year as the bike.
Like the ad you found states, they used 40 chain, it looks like your sprocket teeth are worn out to pins which is probably why the 428 seems to fit better with the larger rollers. Can't see your front sprocket in your pics.

Your previous post...yes, fuel line does go through the shroud, there's an obvious route inside under the fins and top of the shroud bracket.

Mine didn't come with a front brake, it's on my list to add one. Memory fails me but check out the media section or do a search in the forums, there's at least a couple good threads on "improving" the jackshaft brake spring return and the front brake which is similar if it has the square outer brake "cover/bracket".

Hello to anyone who can help. Think I ran into an issue with the Torque Converter. Naturally it is pretty worn and ceased up and I need to get to the front sprocket to replace it. At a place now where it feels like I might bend or even break it trying to remove it from the jack shaft. So... if that is the case, what would a guy replace that unit with, is there original replacements for the whole unit, is there a recommended upgrade?? Help!?!?!