worth the price of the parts...

I drove by the place but it didn't appear to be open. Also nobody answered the phone. Of course the address on the website is a residential home.......

V Power Equipment is a side business (and our shop is located at a residential address). However, we do buy truckloads of store returned power equipment and test/fix all of it - or in the case of our handy man specials we just make sure certain parts are present (these units are generally not as nice looking as the ones we feel we can sell online as refurbished which are nice looking and run good without us having to do much work to them).

As far as the 420cc - I dont know if we have something we can put together as a handyman special... we dont get in nearly as many 420cc engines as we do 212s.

If you are looking for something specific, message me and I will see if I can help.

Thanks!

Justin
V Power Equipment

V Power Equipment is a side business (and our shop is located at a residential address). However, we do buy truckloads of store returned power equipment and test/fix all of it - or in the case of our handy man specials we just make sure certain parts are present (these units are generally not as nice looking as the ones we feel we can sell online as refurbished which are nice looking and run good without us having to do much work to them).

As far as the 420cc - I dont know if we have something we can put together as a handyman special... we dont get in nearly as many 420cc engines as we do 212s.

If you are looking for something specific, message me and I will see if I can help.

Thanks!

Justin
V Power Equipment
This link shows you have ring sets for the 212.
Does this include the new 636 engine and if so what else can you offer?
Pistons for that engine are like hens teeth...

Wareham Ma.....Call first. Seems like a good deal. I would like to maybe go by someday and see some of the other stuff... I could use a decent compressor cheap.

Ok. I bought 5 of the mechanic specials for $100 that he didn't have to ship because my friend picked them up. They all had beat up boxes and you could tell there was some parts swapping. I am guessing mostly from the previous owners. Except for the tanks and some air filters which were probably swapped onto the $79 refurbished ones he sells.which is fine. At $20 a piece I'm not complaining. I got 3 out of 5 running fairly easily and the other 2 are just parts. One of the parts ones was seized and had a hole in the block. The other was a blue greyhound painted black and had a predator tank and missing the flywheel fins,throttle linkage,governor arm and had a crushed pull starter. But still good parts. Some had new carbs on them which I am assuming the previous owners took off and used others. As well as for the new mufflers. Anyway one needed a new spark plug and the tank switched off a parts one. Then boom fired right up. The next must have been off a cement mixer because there was a cat turd sized piece of cement around the throttle linkage keeping it stuck full throttle. Swapped on one of the new carbs and poof, started right up. The third was simple. It had a broken pull cord and when you spun the crank it sound like it was full of marbles. Well the shroud was bent in just enough to cause one of the mounting bolts to hit the flywheel fan find. I bent it out a little and put on a pull starter from a parts one and fired her right up.i swapped as many of the better look parts onto them and they are ready to go. Other than an oil change. So other than some broken pull starts and broken air boxes they are pretty good parts sources. Hell I think I will get my money's worth just taking the bolts out of the parts ones and keeping aside so I don't have to look for ones that fit the clones. And at a cost of $33 per motor that runs along with spare parts,I think I may have to get some more just to toss on the beaters I flip. Just remember, they do swap some if the prettier parts off so don't expect Beauty Queens and you might have to pay the full $29 that they sell them for because of shipping hassles. You may also be able to ask for the ones with the filler cap on the corner or the middle if you have a preference.:scooter: :thumbsup:

I hang out around the handy man special rack at tool town.

The local owner up here discounts the returns and is up front about the stuff.

You need a reason to buy this stuff.
It had better not be because I need though.
You just buying assorted parts that happen to run sometimes with a little effort.
Just keep that in mind when you shop in the return section and you will never be disapointed

I wish I had room..... I think he would make a killing if he just loaded up a trailer and brought a bunch of his stuff. He could pre sell it and deliver it....