Would anyone here be interested in a Minibike meet in Maryland?

Would anyone be interested in a Minibike event in Maryland?

• No Thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love to see an event in Maryland. I live just outside of Ocean City. Lots of motorcycle and car shows are held here. A mini bike parade down the boardwalk would be really cool. Just an idea. Make it happen...

Check out Fort Whaley campgrounds in Whaleyville Maryland. Its a cool place to camp with lots of activities for the whole family. They host a lot of club events. Just an idea..

Check out Fort Whaley campgrounds in Whaleyville Maryland. Its a cool place to camp with lots of activities for the whole family. They host a lot of club events. Just an idea..
Sorry for the late reply here. Things have been hectic lately. Where is Whaleyville in relation to Point lookout Md?

Thanks,
Shawn

Ft Whaley great spot as this is where VW H2oi has been hosted the past few years. I stumbled across this thread as I doing a little research to see about the deal with bringing my mini bike down from out of state and using the get around as the strip gets clogged up with the cars and renting the scooters is just crazy expensive. So local MD guys I have a feeling that given the cops aggression level during H2oi I am just asking for a problem.

Sorry for the late reply. Mapquest shows Whaleyville is 3hrs 30mins away from me. It's a drive but not too too bad.
There is also a local farm that hosts Lawnmower racing every years so I'm going to look into hosting a MiniBike / GoKart / Old Minibikes Forum Event.

Shawn

I contacted the local farm that hosts a mower race every year and asked about hosting a minibike / go kart event and she was pretty rude and acted like she didn't want to hear anything I had to say as she said NO as soon as I said mini bikes. lol
The hunt for a location still continues.

Shawn

Hello all,
I found one other possible location. It's a dedicated Off Road Motor Sports Park that is mostly for dirt bikes and ATV's. They have a really nice track so it seems like an ideal place to host a mini bike / go kart swap meet / fun ride / event.
I left a message for the park owner to call me and I will update everyone once I hear back from him.

Shawn

Last edited:

MB165

once we get a good weekend im gonna checkout the wallman rd public orv area in garret county. if its like i remember good packed gravel. ill definitely get photos

I just got a call back from the gentleman that owns the off road race park and wants to set up a meeting for next week if possible and go over what would be involved to host an event. But he did say he would be open to it. I'll post back after I meet with him.
Meanwhile, here is the website. Wicomico Motor Sports Park
They have a couple of different dirt tracks as well as some really cool wooded trails and shaded camp sites on the premises.

Shawn

Last edited:
I'd be down for this, hope you can get something together. Have you heard of this place sandyhookspeedway. its in Harford county, kind of caters to small fun stuff. Not sure if they rent the track out though.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't had a chance to login here in a while due to work and my band.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a suitable or affordable location. The locations I've found so far do not allow off road motor vehicles or the track rental / event costs are in the thousands. However, I will continue the search this Spring.

Shawn

Last edited:
Hello all,
I may have a line on a possible new event here in Md. I spoke to a gentleman from one of the local classic car clubs and he said that there is a club that may be interested in bringing on a mini bike, go kart, tike show and cruise. As well as have a best in show competition with a trophy given to the top 5 entries. He is going to bring it up at the next club meeting and get back to me with details.

There may be hope yet for a Md. OldMiniBikes event. Keep your fingers crossed.

Shawn

Hello all,
I may have a line on a possible new event here in Md. I spoke to a gentleman from one of the local classic car clubs and he said that there is a club that may be interested in bringing on a mini bike, go kart, tike show and cruise. As well as have a best in show competition with a trophy given to the top 5 entries. He is going to bring it up at the next club meeting and get back to me with details.

There may be hope yet for a Md. OldMiniBikes event. Keep your fingers crossed.

Shawn
I will be there if this goes down! Willing to travel anywhere in the state!

MB165

shawn, thanks for still looking... everyone is so lawsuit happy and risk averse in this state....all we need is some land and its gonna happen.
I know of public land in western Md. $15 for a permit and its very good gravel roads, 7 miles of em........ Ill be going up in august for a weekend ride, I usually take a few big bikes too. it would be less boring if we could hook up with a car show/ ride too.
Now I see why Jeff spends so much for liability insurance on the windber weekend...