WTB 22mm mikuni carb

Same carb, its 26mm at the mounting face but tapers to the slide area which is oval and about a 22mm effective size. The thin tall slide opening gives better granularity to the throttle.

Same carb, its 26mm at the mounting face but tapers to the slide area which is oval and about a 22mm effective size. The thin tall slide opening gives better granularity to the throttle.
Thanks Ole. Exactly what I was looking for. Buying one now.

get the kit from Isky (Small Engine Cams)and call it a day! That is a bargain at that price! You can thank me later!
Lesson learned, the kit is a good buy. I did find this adapter for $22 on Affordable go karts:

affordablegokarts: Manifold, Steel for 22mm Mikuni

Thus far, the carb cost: $29.65 shipped
Intake: $22.00+13.00 to ship: 35.00
Which leaves me: 30.35 to spend on an air filter/throttle cable.

Long route to save $10 for sure.

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

I don't know a bunch about the Honda engines, but isn't the intake port on the head "D" shaped? Will you be port matching to accommodate that manifold? That looks suspiciously like the Briggs Animal intake. Will it clock the carb at the correct position?

I don't know a bunch about the Honda engines, but isn't the intake port on the head "D" shaped? Will you be port matching to accommodate that manifold? That looks suspiciously like the Briggs Animal intake. Will it clock the carb at the correct position?
I am running a predator RTC-8 head on a Honda GX160 block, which yes, both the predator head and the Genuine Honda head are D shaped. I will port as closely as I can to match the intake to head. It does look identical to the Briggs Animal intake to me as well. The more expensive Billet intakes appear to have the correct D shaped engine side on them. The RTC-8 head has larger runners so I am hoping port matching wont be too difficult. Below are links to the Briggs Animal intakes.

:: Be Tram Motor Sports ::
Turk Brothers Quick Part Finder

Last edited: