WTB DB30r complete rear wheel assy.

Looking for a complete rear wheel assy. to include sprocket, disc rotor, axle wheel & tire. Would consider parts and pieces, but prefer complete assy. Robert 915-727-8840

That's odd Charles. The one CT100U I looked at in the store had drum brakes which I thought was weird..... The diagram clearly list a disc brake...

That's odd Charles. The one CT100U I looked at in the store had drum brakes which I thought was weird..... The diagram clearly list a disc brake...
Are you sure you weren't looking at a CT200U? Unless they've changed them, the CT200U has a drum brake and the CT100U has a disc. I have a CT100U; it has a disc brake.

I thought it was a 100.... It was DB30 sized. Its been a while since I looked at it so I cant say for certain. I follow the 200 drum and the 100 disc but I was sure that I was looking at a 100... :shrug:

I thought it was a 100.... It was DB30 sized. Its been a while since I looked at it so I cant say for certain. I follow the 200 drum and the 100 disc but I was sure that I was looking at a 100... :shrug:
200 is larger than a DB; 100 is smaller than a DB. The CT100U is quite small; wheelbase is about 2.5" shorter than that of a DB; factor in the DB's inboard rear axle and the CT100U's outboard rear axle, and the little Coleman's frame is quite a bit shorter in length than a DB's frame. I had planned to stretch my CT100U. I have tubing, a hemi Predator and a bunch of other goodies. I collected all the parts and materials for my planned mods but have been reluctant to cut the little guy up because it's pretty cool as is, though tiny. I've recently decided the best course of action would be to buy a second CT100U and leave one somewhat close to stock and go a bit crazy on the other.

The CT200U's wheelbase is about 5.5" longer than that of a DB, but with the Coleman having an outboard rear axle and the DB inboard, frame length is probably pretty close to equal. The frame is tallish and the 200 has much larger wheels/tires. I think you probably were looking at a CT200U.

Wheelbase

DB30 --- 36.5"
CT100U - 34"
CT200U - 42"

Last edited:
I was looking at the Coleman ct100 parts diagram and it does appear the same, I might just order one and see what happens, but I’m worried after buying each individual part it may nickel and dime me, I was hoping to find a complete assy. If I don’t have any luck here, I will probably try the Coleman route. Thanks for the responses. Stick looking though.

Looking at some CT100U photos may help.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Col...rfzZAhWIq1MKHYoKBsQQ_AUIDSgE&biw=1680&bih=936
If link doesn't work, just do an image search.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to find a parts bike on Craigslist for cheap. A used DB goes for more than a new Coleman in my area, but lots of members have found them for next to nothing.

As I said, I'm not 100% sure the Coleman or Monster Moto parts will work, but they sure do look alike. All three use a 12mm axle; all three use a 145/70-6 tire; the rotors look identical; the sprockets look slightly different but that's just cutouts (holes), or lack thereof (Coleman and MM are both 75t; don't know about DB). If you do order parts from Coleman (or MM), be sure to get everything you need in one order so you don't have to pay more shipping on something you missed. I have to think if you were to get all of the Coleman parts (or all MM parts), you would be okay. I think they're probably generic Chinese minibike parts, basically.

If you have replaced the original engine with something larger, you may want to consider a sprocket adapter and split sprocket with lower tooth count, instead of a 75t solid sprocket; requires adapter, split sprocket, bolt kit to bolt sprocket to adapter, bolt kit to bolt adapter to wheel (adapter requires longer bolts due to thickness); around $45 total. Search: doodlebug sprocket adapter

I'm done. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply, no luck on Craigslist, I’m sure as soon as I order the Coleman parts about 3-4 will show up on Craigslist for less than what I paid for a rear wheel. I’m going to try the Coleman parts and cross my fingers.

UPDATE:
I ordered the Coleman ct100u rear wheel, disc brake rotor, and sprocket, I already had the Baja rear axle, (2) spacers, washer and nut.
The parts worked out great, I had to go the hardware store and get (12) m6x1.0x10 bolts to mount the disc and sprocket, I also had to get a valve stem for the wheel and a new tire. All said and done I spent less than $75.00 for a complete rear wheel assy including shipping of the parts.

UPDATE:
I ordered the Coleman ct100u rear wheel, disc brake rotor, and sprocket, I already had the Baja rear axle, (2) spacers, washer and nut.
The parts worked out great, I had to go the hardware store and get (12) m6x1.0x10 bolts to mount the disc and sprocket, I also had to get a valve stem for the wheel and a new tire. All said and done I spent less than $75.00 for a complete rear wheel assy including shipping of the parts.

I know this thread is dead but I wanted to check anyway, you got a ct100u wheel and it works for your db30? I need a rear wheel replacement for my straight frame db but I can only find drum brake wheels.