WTB west bend Air cleaner like this ONE!!!!

I am looking for a west bend air cleaner like the one posted for a Arctic Cat screamer project. I have found out that Gem made some air cleaners just like this one but the end cap was just blank. I need up to five of this filters and end caps. I have the bases and the two hold downs. Thanks guys! Also thakns KK for the picture. lol

image.jpeg image.jpeg A little help with the search. When westbend was sold to Chrysler marine gem (maker of kart accessories) had the original manufacturer that westbend used to make this air filter for the Chrysler 610/820 engines and maybe others. It was exactly the same minus the westbend logo. This would have been what the Arctic cat screamers used. The gem part number is #1200. The brown part which appears to be some kind of fiber is the actual filter. Maybe someone can reproduce them if kk knows what the brown part is made of.

That's pretty neat I never saw one in the GEM box like that. The 1960's Flexo catalog describes them as a "Skinner Type" air filter. They are pretty tough to come by especially with the West Bend script cover. I bought a whole junk motor one time just to get the air filter off it. As far as what that material is I saw a hillbilly on Youtube one time messing with an old chainsaw and he said the filter looked like it was made out of tree bark! I was laughing but he's probably right.

Like AJF termed it, it's some type of porous fiber material but I'm sure if it's natural or synthetic and I'll be darned if I know where to get something like that these days. I scrubbed one clean with Safety Clean solvent and blew it out with compressed air and it's hard to tell if you even got it clean or made it worse. Always blow the compressed air from the inside of the element out. It''s very dense material whatever it is .

Those ribbon filters came in different lengths, what length are you looking for?
Interesting I never heard them referred to as "ribbon" filters before. I've seen them called "Skinner" and the larger one a "Super Skinner" but that may have been the name of the company that manufactured them.

I am looking for a west bend air cleaner like the one posted for a Arctic Cat screamer project. I have found out that Gem made some air cleaners just like this one but the end cap was just blank. I need up to five of this filters and end caps. I have the bases and the two hold downs. Thanks guys! Also thakns KK for the picture. lol

I have one that looks like that