x-90 rider, 2018 JFF/Drag Bike Class

I bought this bike last year as a roller. We installed a mild 6.5 clone and a torque converter. I ran the bike at Ubly Dragway and then at Milan Dragway. We were being careful and doing a lot of testing with the bike.
This is what we learned:
1. The bike runs true and straight with an old fat guy riding it.
2. I hate the color and it will get changed.
3. The front triple tree stem is bent and the entire front fork needs to get replaced.
4. The footpegs must be cut off and moved back.
5. The twist grip throttle will get replaced with a thumb throttle.
6. The rear tire leaks air at the bead. I need to break it down, clean and reseat the bead.
7. The engine is too small and a pumped up GX420 will work better.
8. The current gas tank requires a fuel pump. I am not a fan of using a fuel pump so a new gravity feed fuel tank will be fabricated and installed.
9. The Comet torque converter is not made for drag racing. It will be replaces by a Shockwave clutch system.
10. Other items will be changed as things progress.
View attachment IMG_4149.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to the Build Off and Thanks for participating. I edited your title...Drag bikes are part of the JFF class. If there is 10 or more drag bikes that enter...they will be move to their own class. Thanks

I can’t wait to see it finished! The coolest mini drag frame I’ve ever seen by far. Good luck with the build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally got a day to work on my bike. Last year the rear slick would go flat after a few days. I thought that the bead was leaking so I removed everything today and soaped it down. Come to find out that the sidewall has 2 pin holes that probably happened when they mounted the tire. The good news is that I go right by Summit Racing in Tallmadge, Ohio, when I work out of town this week. Thankfully they have plenty of tires in stock.

View attachment IMG_4163.jpg

I just recently watched some videos of you racing this bike. It was not as fast on the track as it looks and I thought oh boy I might actually have a chance at racing a bike like this and being competitive. Now you are putting a 420 into it. Kind of tough to compete with that running a small block predator. 10 second 1/8's at 65 mph.....maybe, I hope to see you at the track this summer. I love the bike, looks badass. What rim and tire are you running out back?