Yanmar Diesel engine score. Now what to put it on...

Yanmar L70
Going to put it on a mini bike with a stack and a flapper on it boyos.
[video=youtube_share;PEOGuzn8i0o]https://youtu.be/PEOGuzn8i0o[/video]

Cool score!..........What kind of HP and RPM do they run?.............Should be a torquey monster!.............Tom.
Looks like the nameplate says 4.4kW @ 6PSI, 3600rpm and 4.9kW @ 6.7PSI, 3600rpm. I'm not sure PSI is boost because it looks NA. It seems like they forgot to rate the output on nitrous.:doah:

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

The "L70" indicates 7hp and they spin 3600rpm like a standard utility engine.

I've been looking for something similar for years. The L100 clones used to be about $450, but now they're twice that and used genuine Yanmars are even more. :censure:

The "L70" indicates 7hp and they spin 3600rpm like a standard utility engine.

I've been looking for something similar for years. The L100 clones used to be about $450, but now they're twice that and used genuine Yanmars are even more. :censure:
Scored this deal off of CL for $150. Fuel pump was frozen up and the injector needed a cleaning.

It looks like the valve seals are leaking(we ran it today for 6 hours or so) still chooches pretty solid and it doesn't have any blow by. There's an oil cap and when you take it off it barely has any pressure come out and no smoke.

I'm thinking something long and rat rod looking. I have a rat rod lawn mower roller but I'm not sure how I would want to make it work besides a tav pointing down and then the chain to the live axle.

Reason the yanmar is so hard to find is emissions... Only the military was "allowed" to import them for use after a certain year ... Wanna say the late 70's or 80's.
Buddy has a l48 coming with electric start and shit.