Yellowhand Lathe

I have always wanted a nice lathe and occasionallly would bid on them on ebay but I guess if I had one I would be lost because of no experience , yes it's a skill to be learned and have checked with several tech schools in area who have welding but not machinery classes. I will keep looking as it's something that has always impressed me :scooter:

zeeman

Here is the shaft Yellowhand made for me. It is 17mm in diameter with two separate keyways. He also welded this rear hub back on, and trued it up. I'm guessing he used one of his laths to do the work. Thanks Yellowhand, for a job well done.

Well Guys, I bought the late Yellowhands Lathe..

Im honestly a beginner:confused: Im slowing teaching myself and remembering some stuff Mark taught me on this very lathe from a few trips I made over to his house for him to help me.

I doubt I will ever be able to make the cool stuff he did but Im already getting some projects closer with now owning it.

I will post any stuff I feel looks good as I make it.

Thx 70sVintage

It would be nice for you guys on here to post a pic of something he "trued" or fixed for you on his lathe. (Also Describe what he did)
I found some bushings the other day that Yellowhand made for me back in 2008 or so. Made out of bronze, they were made to allow the use of metric axles in a frame with 5/8" axle holes. The frame and the wheels are long gone.

Hopefully he made them on his/your lathe...

Yellowhand made and then just sent them to me - wouldn't even let me pay postage...

More work with lathe

I machined these lug nuts down tonight for my Snowco Super-Scat. They started at 1.38in and I cut them down to 1.20in. In which made them a ''Flat base" lug nut. I needed them for my douglas aluminum wheels because they dont have a tapered lug seat...

Took me about 15mins on Yellowhand lathe..:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hent

I machined these lug nuts down tonight for my Snowco Super-Scat. They started at 1.38in and I cut them down to 1.20in. In which made them a ''Flat base" lug nut. I needed them for my douglas aluminum wheels because they dont have a tapered lug seat...

Took me about 15mins on Yellowhand lathe..:thumbsup:
Glad to see it's getting put to good use. :thumbsup: