You guys see the new ACR parts for predator/clone?

You guys see the new parts ACR released yesterday? Just ordered a 212 block that takes the 196 clone cam, a 55mm crank that uses the clone rod and flywheel and a JT style head that uses 27/25 valves and predator gen 2 valves to go with it. The head is a non hemi so uses the normal 196 valve train but with the larger valves. Its going to be a 212 clone. The new block is as much as a stock block. Also on a side note I just got a new tube bender so I can build my next mini bike frame. Don't have dies yet but got the bender.

If you want to practice bending, I'm looking for a mini bike exactly like the Coleman CT200U... except bigger.
I would like to put some taller wheels/tires under it and give it a big block engine..... racks and everything.
I'd throw you some GreenBacks for a setup like that :bowdown:

I didn't see the new ARC parts yet. I did see that DynoCams released an even higher-revving CL-4 cam and they have two different CL-2 cams now, one for small restrictor plates, one for big restrictor plates.

CarPlayLB

The parts are coming to OldMiniBikes soon. This is a different kind of engine. Same 70mm bore as the Predator 212, but with canted valves in a non-hemi looking head. Intake is 27mm and exhaust 24mm.
This engine does not take the GX200/Clone rod. A specific billet rod is being produced for this engine. Stock length only. The piston pin is different on these. I understand the piston top is relieved for the valves too, although I have not had my eyes on it yet,.
It will take the GX200/Clone cams. The Ducar 212 uses the GX200/Clone type flywheels, and is said to come with a PVL flywheel.

If you want to practice bending, I'm looking for a mini bike exactly like the Coleman CT200U... except bigger.
I would like to put some taller wheels/tires under it and give it a big block engine..... racks and everything.
I'd throw you some GreenBacks for a setup like that :bowdown:
I promise you are not going to want my first creation from the bender hahaha. If your looking for a large coleman though I would look at a big dog frame.

The parts are coming to OldMiniBikes soon. This is a different kind of engine. Same 70mm bore as the Predator 212, but with canted valves in a non-hemi looking head. Intake is 27mm and exhaust 24mm.
This engine does not take the GX200/Clone rod. A specific billet rod is being produced for this engine. Stock length only. The piston pin is different on these. I understand the piston top is relieved for the valves too, although I have not had my eyes on it yet,.
It will take the GX200/Clone cams. The Ducar 212 uses the GX200/Clone type flywheels, and is said to come with a PVL flywheel.
What I am talking about is different. Not the ducar 212. This is not available as a complete motor. The new Ducar 212 is definitely on my radar though. Would love to have one. These are new parts from ACR to make a 212 clone/not a predator. The crank I ordered is 55mm but takes clone rod and flywheel and the head I ordered uses gen 2 predator 27/25 valves but is based on the JT head. DJ-0215 OHV 212CC 55MM Crankshaft - ARC Racing

The block uses honda/clone cam, side cover and top plate but is 70mm DJ-0213 OHV 70MM Cylinder assembly - ARC Racing

and hear is the head.DJ-0214 OHV 212cc Bare Cylinder Head - ARC Racing

I wish they would have kept the 24mm exhaust valve. Ordered the parts either way. Now we can really franken stein stuff together. I was ordering ducar blocks bored to 70mm and they were $50 but this new block is only $40. As long at there are not quality issues this will be the block I build in for now on. I am wondering if the block can handle the same overbore as a normal clone block.

I promise you are not going to want my first creation from the bender hahaha. If your looking for a large coleman though I would look at a big dog frame.
LoL you're probably right, but keep me in mind after you've perfected your skills....

I never heard of a Big Dog... what size tires can they fit and do they have front n back racks for my camping gear?

CarPlayLB

What I am talking about is different. Not the ducar 212. This is not available as a complete motor. The new Ducar 212 is definitely on my radar though. Would love to have one. These are new parts from ACR to make a 212 clone/not a predator. The crank I ordered is 55mm but takes clone rod and flywheel and the head I ordered uses gen 2 predator 27/25 valves but is based on the JT head. DJ-0215 OHV 212CC 55MM Crankshaft - ARC Racing

The block uses honda/clone cam, side cover and top plate but is 70mm DJ-0213 OHV 70MM Cylinder assembly - ARC Racing

and hear is the head.DJ-0214 OHV 212cc Bare Cylinder Head - ARC Racing
That is the same block and crank as the Ducar 212, just the head is different

CarPlayLB

So the ducar 212 uses the clone rod? Just the piston pin is different?
The rod is different on the Ducar engine and does not use a Predator or clone rod. It is unique to that engine. The pin is a different diameter.
6773 Ducar 212cc 3.308" Billet Rod - ARC Racing

I will add to this thread as more information becomes available. I am sure there is a Wiseco piston and rod combo that will fit the Ducar 212 or the ARC block

The Ducar 212 crank has a gx200 (or clone of course) size rod journal, but the wrist pin in the piston is larger. You can use a clone rod on the crank if you swap the piston to a regular predator (hemi for a flat top or regular style for a dish). The head has a 27 24mm valve combo, but the angle is like 19 degrees (regular Hemi is 12).. So, on a modified engine the piston will need closer attention for valve clearance, and the valves will be much closer at overlap.

Last edited: