New profile posts

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

Hi desert rat -

I saw your post about someone needing a restoration mechanic. How is your experience with Tacos? I am trying to put a West Bend 820 into a Taco 44 chassis ... but because I have no experience I am hitting possible problems at every step. I say possible because I can't find pics or any sort of guide so I'm not sure.
What part of town are you? I'm in the valley - Sherman Oaks area.

race / Roger
D
desert rat
I am just an old school mechanic not a master mini restorer. I am willing to give advice any time and I like a good challenge. I'm not "in" LA. anymore. I'm selling my house down there because I retired in September after workin in Torrance for 11 years at the head office for Honda research and development, I worked a total of 27.8 years for Honda R&D. My "main" house is in California city in the high desert.
D
desert rat
I guess there is a time out thing on here, it wouldn't let me keep typing. I have a feeling your tools are limited which I fully understand. I am going to miss the tools and big/nice things I had at work. I am willing to help you do this but most will be done in pics from you and then I will be able to get you through this. First off is what are you stating with frame wise ie. Complete roller or junk canvas? You need
D
desert rat
Using this to talk is going to suck. it has a limit on how much you can type. You need to be in roller to figure out the motor alignment and if you will need a jack shaft. With that motor you will probably want one and I personally like them. Jack shafts give you so many gearing options. Do you have a clutch for the motor yet? Do you have a throttle control set up?
To the people who were reading my earlier post about me documenting my broken stud in my tillitson 212 hemi, today was the day i installed my studs. I didnt order them, i went down to my local hardware store and they had automotive studs there. I picked up 2 of them and i just installed them. Heres a video of me putting em in if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi0Kkb_hlbXYBeA1unZ7HEg
Thanks
I'm new to the site but I hope you receive this pertaining to the Bonanza. If still available please contact me at bobgilbert49@yahoo.com
Thanks, Bob
I have YouTube channel im working on thats all about mini bike and go karts as well as mods, tools, how to videos, maintence and more. Please help me out to get more subscribers and viewers.

Thank you very much

https://youtu.be/q1hnFwgcf_E
Hey Daniel, I have another, very rare Bug I must sell to help my father. Do you have any interest? Thanks, Bryon
danshale
danshale
Hi Byron, I would be. Can you send photos to my cell at 310.975.4732. My focus is Hodaka or yamaguchi powered bikes/mini's. Might you have any photos of any mini's with these motors? I've tried reaching Pierson in Eugene as no photos, only threads of them using them in 64'. Thx
Ran outta room... Anyway Kevin (my buddy) is a great guy who does so much for the hobby. His restorations are impeccable. He doesn't post here or on social media. He's just that kind of guy. If you get anywhere with Lon selling or making a quailty repro of that Caper banner, please keep me in mind. I'd go to great lengths to help Kevin as I know he'd do the same for anyone else.
Thanks!
Chad
Hey,

SO I've been after Oldsalt to sell or reproduce that Caper poster/banner. I have a friend in Cali who is a serious collector and really wants one to display with his Caper. He's the one who helped Markus with the fork decal. I've PM'd Lon a few times and he won't even respond. I'm not sure why and I understand that maybe he doesn't want it circulated to just anyone.
Helllo Manchester 1. I have a Baja Heat seat I’ve modified and would like to have a custom cover made. Are you still in the seat business
manchester1
manchester1
Sorry but I don't touch the China stuff. Only original vintage reproductions. Thank you.
B
Bunkster
Ok and I thank you for the quick response
That would be awesome. I would definitely post you a deposit of whatever $ you seem is fair, to ensure you get it back, and don't get stuck with any shipping charges. I live in Nipomo, California... lmk if you feel OK with this. I would use your tank to make a male pattern, then make a mold out of that piece, so your tank wouldn't be "splashed" (direct composite overlay on original part to create a female mold)
1971_MB1A
Ok no problem. PM me your shipping information etc and I will then get it sent out to you shortly. Just try to get it back to me within a few months is all I ask.
Hey I read a post from a while back about your hisun motor hitting 8k rpm. Could you tell me a little about it? I ran mine dry on oil after I put on the TQ and killed the rod crank. So I went to 3/4 crank and would like to build it up. Feel free to email me: detroit john 86 at gmail.com I'm john thanks
RE: the Cat plastic tank, I'm looking for one of these. LMK if you still have one available, for a Cat Hustler chopper.
Thanks!
Andy
1971_MB1A
I could lend you an original Cat plastic tank to use for a pattern etc to make one.
HI I am having the same issues with our DB-30 carb. I also replaced the carb with a new one, and now have all the same issues you are having, did you finally get it fixed and running correctly?
Hello! I should have joined a long time ago, but here I am. A lifelong minibike enthusiast, from a 10 year-old kid whose dad kept saying NO G#%@#@%#IT!! to an old guy with 4 motorcycles and 2 minibikes I restored myself (69 Taco 22, 68 Bonanza BC1300).

I am a veteran of 4 Joe's Minibike Reunions here in SoCal (Hi Joe) and am in a quest for one more minibike...
A purple Sears Puncher!