The OX

KB2ROCKET

Today I got my Raceseng flywheel and I decided that a stock wheel is better for this project I also got half a manifold that allows me to adapt a Mikuni 34mm burco super carb.

KB2ROCKET

Oxes are known for diligence, dependability, strength and determination. Having an honest nature, Oxes have a strong patriotism for their country, have ideals and ambitions for life, and attach importance to family and work. These things reflect the traditional characteristics of conservatives.

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

Thanks it won't be to much longer until I can assemble this new engine configuration and try it out I'm not sure if I can gravity feed this carb. So I will need to get a fuel pump and fancy fuel lines

KB2ROCKET

making progress on this engine if things go my way I will be testing it this weekend that is if this carb can be gravity fed if not I will need to find a fuel pump if for some reason this engine wont run right with the parts I have I will just buy a new clone but I wanted to see if I could make something useful from my spares . sorry my build isn't as fast paced and entertaining as other peoples builds I just don't have tons of extra energy after doing the stuff I HAVE TO DO
have fun and stay tuned :sleep1::laugh:

KB2ROCKET

Got tires today I'm sick as a dog but I couldn't resist taking this photo before going to bed
those 26 x 11 x 12 tires make that 390 look kinda small

Last edited:
That "tilloston pumper section" is a built in fuel pump so don't worry about gravity. Worry more about the condition of the diaphragms in the pump. If the rubber parts are hard and dry replace them.

O.J.

KB2ROCKET

ok I'm a carb retard so if this is a pumper carb where does it get its pulse from the only connection to it is the fuel inlet
help please
add on
after thinking about this more I'm guessing that it gets its pulse from an internal port that takes it from the intake down stream of the throttle butterfly I will have to look more closely when I get home
????

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

Im pretty sure this is the pulse port so I gave it a path to manifold vacuum signal
sure hope this carb actually works lol

Last edited:
You will still need a pump .... But I agree replace the gaskets , diaphram .. I am not sure if the mikuni has a pop off or not like the tillotson

KB2ROCKET

Thanks jeep2003 I'm shooting for something like your utility bike but in 2wd I was looking at rokon s but they want a ton of money for them 5 to 9 K and they only have 6-7 hp then it occurred to me that I had enough parts to build a modified gx390 and I have a complete comet duster clutch good for 40 hp or so I think I can build a heavy duty rokon with about 20hp and monster tires. rokon uses a torque converter feeding a hi low transmission then it uses two 90deg gearboxes and a universal I'm thinking I only need a torque converter and 1 u-joint. Anyways I need to get my modified engine working 1st then I'm going to make a TAV 30 style engine mounted clutch system only with heavy-duty parts I don't think I will be making any floating water crossings with this tank but it should do everything else better than a rokon at least that's the plan

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

I was hoping to get wheels today but they are not in yet . I'm not feeling well but I wanted to accomplish something today so I got the needed hardware and mounted the carb and manifold ok back to bed
ok waiting on more parts

Last edited: