Keystone Mini bike/frame Wanted

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a Keystone Mini bike project. I had a red Keystone growing up and I want to build one for my 9 year old. I've been looking on Ebay and Craigslist for about the last year or so and haven't found one yet. I missed the last one on ebay, but it didn't have the correct engine mounts on it as far as I could tell. I'm looking for the type with the Tas engine not the one with the Tecumseh or similar type engine. I just purchased the Tecumseh type and its a totally different frame.

Any help would be appreciated.:smile:

Thanks
Frank

I had a keystone deluxe with a Tecumseh on it as a kid. Still had the original purple paint on it. It "disappeared" from my parents' shed years ago. I would love to have another one. If you find one for the taz engine and want to sell the one for the tecumseh setup I'd be interested.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I will consider that, that was part of my plan for the one I just found.
We need to keep our eyes open for the Taz version!

Thanks
Frank

Maybe a starter in So cal

:wink: Hey now Frank :detective:

I just picked up this one in Jurupa CA today. It is gonna get a restore this summer, but a few parts are gonna be tough to find ... Namely Fenders. :frown:

He has another striped down and it appears to be mostly there ( I didn't inventory the box) I could pick it up in a week or so. I think he wants $100 for it. I could box it up if your interested. Lemme know via PM and we'll work out the details ..... I'm not in any of this mini bike stuff for profit. :stuart:

I'm still looking for my Super Stocker I had my only hit-n-run into a Pinto with in the summer of 1969. OK maybe not the same one ... lol :eek:hmy:

Where are you? I am in Canada in Vancouver, kestone had a warehouse here in the sixties so there where lots of these around when i was a kid, not many left now though.
I have two, one that is almost complete, missing a couple of parts, pull start, carb fuel barb, kick stand and a chain guard.
It is an early downswept exhaust model, red with black fenders, they also came in Yellow with black fenders.
Started working on it and have blasted and primed the frame , fenders, tank are painted, have a brand new piston and rings, replaced the wheel bearings, original tires in decent used condition. seat is in very poor shape. the metal base is very rusty.
I also have a restored red two stroke (picture on this site), and don't mind having another, but I really would like to have a four stroke deluxe instead of the second two stroke, what do you think?
interested in a swap of some sort?
I also have some extra motor parts should you find a bike and need some.
The pull start assy and chainguard are very hard to find.

Last edited:
Hi Nastyjeff,

I'm in Michigan, I have an unrestored four stroke deluxe I guess. I'm interested in trading it for the 2 stoke version. I'll post pictures of what I have tomorrow. I have the frame, fork, handle bars and 1 wheel and tire. It needs to be restored, I got it to trade for the 2 stroke version I had as a kid. My 2 stroke was red.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Frank

found one for ya

:detective: Hey Now! :thumbsup:

Think I got a starter for ya Frank! :grind:

Here is what I dug up today ... looks like someone pulled the post but the damage is repairable. Not sure but most of the engine is there ... and the tank is rust free!!

..... but no fuel cap or recoil for mine sooo .... :shrug:

PM me of ya want it ..... and I know your a ways away .... (I could remove the tires and seperate the forks for shipping) .... Be good! :innocent:

Keep on ridin' :scooter:

Keystone mini bike

Not sure if you found the keystone project yet. I have one with original tires rims fenders seat (little rough) mine has a rear drum foot brake handlebars etc. Sorry...no motor.
email me if you want pictures
thank you
Colin

:detective: Hey Now! :thumbsup:

Think I got a starter for ya Frank! :grind:

Here is what I dug up today ... looks like someone pulled the post but the damage is repairable. Not sure but most of the engine is there ... and the tank is rust free!!

..... but no fuel cap or recoil for mine sooo .... :shrug:

PM me of ya want it ..... and I know your a ways away .... (I could remove the tires and seperate the forks for shipping) .... Be good! :innocent:

Keep on ridin' :scooter:
Still selling the frame?:scooter:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a Keystone Mini bike project. I had a red Keystone growing up and I want to build one for my 9 year old. I've been looking on Ebay and Craigslist for about the last year or so and haven't found one yet. I missed the last one on ebay, but it didn't have the correct engine mounts on it as far as I could tell. I'm looking for the type with the Tas engine not the one with the Tecumseh or similar type engine. I just purchased the Tecumseh type and its a totally different frame.

Any help would be appreciated.:smile:

Thanks
Frank

I would also appreciate it! :bowdown:

Where are you? I am in Canada in Vancouver, kestone had a warehouse here in the sixties so there where lots of these around when i was a kid, not many left now though.
I have two, one that is almost complete, missing a couple of parts, pull start, carb fuel barb, kick stand and a chain guard.
It is an early downswept exhaust model, red with black fenders, they also came in Yellow with black fenders.
Started working on it and have blasted and primed the frame , fenders, tank are painted, have a brand new piston and rings, replaced the wheel bearings, original tires in decent used condition. seat is in very poor shape. the metal base is very rusty.
I also have a restored red two stroke (picture on this site), and don't mind having another, but I really would like to have a four stroke deluxe instead of the second two stroke, what do you think?
Would you have a spare fuel filter petcock assembly you would part with? TAS 50 CC 3 hp - black fuel tank.

Hi Jeff ,
I live in Mission an would like to talk with you about your Keystone..i have a few an maybe you might have parts or know of someone..Al 778 347 4783 hope to here from you Thx!

1971_MB1A

I have a keystone that's in need of restoration but it's fairly complete including the original engine. Shipping no problem. PM me if interested.