Recent content by 2th Doc

1. 2

'67 Briggs 5 HP hesitates on throttle, missing mystery carb screw

Hey all, getting closer to having the tote goat running decently but I've run into a snag. I had the engine running (read: idling) well, but when giving it the throttle, it'll accelerate for about 5 feet and then the engine starts hesitating. If I stop and let it idle for a bit, I can get...
  2. 1967 5 hp briggs stratton carburetor missing screw

1967 5 hp briggs stratton carburetor missing screw

3. 2

Fitting 6.5 Predator in Model B Tote Goat, what would you do?

Harleys is that a vacuum hose zip tied to the carb? Looks legit :laugh: I don't see where the actual filter is though... is it that aluminum cylinder sitting up top of the engine on the far side? I called around to some shops today and got ahold of one before they closed, said there was an...
  4. 2

Here's what my carb setup looks like: As far as the 1" tubing compressing, I could probably fanagle some washers inside around the bolts as I feed them through to minimize that... but the more I think about it, the more I'll probably just use the Briggs for now and either save the...
  5. tote gote carb missing air filter assy

tote gote carb missing air filter assy

6. 2

Thanks for the helpful replies guys, I hadn't even thought of raising the motor up. I'll have to try adjusting the carb bowl as well. Harleys Papa that custom mount looks awesome! I dropped by Home Depot today and picked up 1" square tubing that I was planning to drill through and put under...
  7. 2

Hey guys, first post here! I've been lurking around the forums here and there since picking up my model B tote goat a little bit ago. I had one of these growing up and I'm stoked to be restoring this one, but alas I've already run into a conundrum and would love to have some opinions on it...
  8. Predator 212cc in Model B Tote Goat

Predator 212cc in Model B Tote Goat

Shows carburetor hitting on the frame, inhibiting proper engine mounting. What would you do?