Recent content by 71demon340

1. 7

Sears roper restoration

Looks great thanks !
  2. 7

Sears roper restoration

What brand paint ? Rattle can or shot from a gun?
  3. 7

Looking for 1 more HP !!

Got a 80’s hs40 that runs good, measured 100 psi on compression test. Installed a pz16 carb which seems great! Haven’t rode the bike yet still a work in progress, can follow along on the project forum under manco chopper. Anyway it runs good, is it worth the time to port the I/E bowls and ports...
  4. 7

shouldn't do it! 70's Manco Chopper

Whatever came with the HF titanium welder, I have some Lincoln I think when that runs out. I like this little HF $140 welder better than the little Lincoln $450 one I have at work!
  5. 7

Filled the 9 holes drilled throughout the frame!
  6. 7

Cut out and repaired the cut and hammered section.
  7. 7

Son is not showing much interest in it so its my mini bike now!!!!
  8. 7

I like the welder, i pre heated to be honest with a propane torch and got very good penitration, much better than the way it was welded back from manco new! i had anti splatter spray but decided not to use it, most of that will knock off
  9. 7

had a 71 superbee 383 ramcharger hood, and a 73 440 charger.
  10. 7

Frame coming along , welded neck and support much stronger now! Also added a weld at the underside of the top bars near the neck for strength.
  11. 7

Pz16 carb, runs good now to weld up the holes,
  12. 7

Correct fuel line

I used 1/4” automotive but it’s kind of loose fitting and stiff, what is the correct line, or a good quality replacement. Thanks
  13. 7

Carb and exhaust ideas for vintage chopper.

Thanks, so is just a straight pipe (open header) the best for performance ? or is there a muffled system that will work good also? I was planing to make a 1/2" smooth pipe right off the motor angled down about 12-15" with a long style straight 1/2" muffler off of that.
  14. 7

Thanks for the info! I understand these carbs only work well with a free flowing exhaust, I’m going to build my own but would still like to quiet it a bit. Is there a muffler that I can add to my system ? Maybe like a straight through cherry bomb or thrush type for a car? Thanks
  15. 7

Thanks, ordered the pz16 and throttle assembly !!