Recent content by Addicted 2 Minis

1. Addicted 2 Minis

Anything Goes! RCF Micro

I know I've been hanging out at the bottom of the list for some time, being 8,000 miles from my build kind of puts a damper on things, not to mention the latest and greatest goings on back stateside. Getting home to finish before the deadline is looking promising though so that's good. My wife...
  2. Addicted 2 Minis

The Official Tom Thumb and Micro Bike Thread

So here's my idea, I want to make a series of classic mini's but smaller, about 1/2 scale. Yes, to include a Taco Fijole style frame and a few other of my favorites. The goal is to have them all use the same driveline, wheels and related hardware. This will keep parts count down throughout the...
  3. Addicted 2 Minis

Cushman Scooter Winter Project

Nice work, glad you got'er done, I love these old Cushmans. there's a company that started making them again under license from Cushman, they call them the Cushman II. I was going to buy one but my wife said it would look like I was riding a snail, I told her I would get a custom plate that read...
  4. Addicted 2 Minis

From a potential customers perspective, what do you think would be better, traditional size with jack-shaft drive with a newer more reliable power plant, or more towards the plug-n-play idea using GoPed parts?. The only thing I don't like about the Goped idea is that the GoPed has solid tires...
  5. Addicted 2 Minis

Not yet... but keep an eye out, I'm toying with the idea of making some micro mini's that will use GoPed parts, that way, if you have a GoPed, you can just transfer your parts over and have a cool mini bike. I bought a variety of engines, exhausts and wheels to experiment with. My goal is to...
  6. Addicted 2 Minis

Reproduction Feedback Wanted

The foundry had to figure what it would cost to send a representative round trip to the guy in the picture below. Then add in what it would cost for said representative to stay in the best hotel in the area while the guy in the picture below made the requested quantity then divide that cost by...
  7. Addicted 2 Minis

I just ordered (2) 5/8" dies for my JD2 bender, $440 bucks!, OUCH!. I got the 2.25" CLR 180 Deg and the 4.50" CLR 180 Deg, the 2.25" will be for the side frame rails and forks, the 4.50" will be for the top and bottom hoops. I plan to start making some frames as soon as I am done with my RCF...
  8. Addicted 2 Minis

1969 Nova Ruff Rider 100

Looking good, Honda had a pin welded on the rear mounting tab of the Z50's tanks of those years along with a rubber strap that wrapped around the frame, don't know if Nova followed suit or not?. I guess being a prototype, there aren't any factory pictures for our viewing pleasure. :)
  9. Addicted 2 Minis

Hunt Wilde grips

Seeing how I plan to make some Tom Thumb frames to sell, I couldn't justify $13 a set when I knew they had to be out there cheaper, when I found them, I figured I would share. McMasters has them in a more reasonable 6 pair minimum, hence why I posted the link to theirs as well, or you could sell...
  10. Addicted 2 Minis

Hunt Wilde grips

IKR, there's probably a city in China named "Cherry Japan" where they're made.
  11. Addicted 2 Minis

Tecumseh fuel tanks

If you have an electric soldering gun, I've used the smoothing tip like the one pictured below for plastic repairs, even looked like a weld when I was done. As Markus said, it helps to have some like material to use as your filler.
  12. Addicted 2 Minis

Hunt Wilde grips

What mainly got me searching is I was looking at the plans for the Tom Thumb and wondered what grips they used. Knowing they used 5/8" tubing for the whole build, I started looking for 5/8" grips. I found the exact ones on eBay not knowing they were still produced and purchased a set for $13...
  13. Addicted 2 Minis

Hunt Wilde grips

Before spending your hard earned money on those "NOS Hunt Wilde" grips you see on eBay, read this!, https://www.prweb.com/releases/hunt-wilde/grips/prweb8909493.htm . Like many of you, I turned to eBay to purchase, and over paid for what I thought were "NOS Hunt Wilde" grips, only to find out...
  14. Addicted 2 Minis

Monster moto 80cc wont run for long

There's a bolt on the bottom of the carburetor, it takes a 10mm wrench if I remember correctly. Remove the bolt being careful not to lose the fiber washer if it has one ( usually red in color ). Take some carburetor/choke cleaner and spray in all the holes within the float bowl, you may have to...
  15. Addicted 2 Minis

Monster moto 80cc wont run for long

Hahahahaha, You're right, they call it a "carburetor sediment cup" and tell you to to clean it every three months or 50 hours but don't tell you how.