Recent content by astuff@abe.midco

1. A

Another Old Briggs

That engine is a Briggs FH straight fin. It was built about 1927. They are fairly collectable, are somewhat hard starting due to the suction carb and the long intake tube from the carb. If you need to work on the carb, be careful they are fairly fragile. They are also very low compression and...
  2. A

Which engine has the most potential or is your favorite & why?

OK I give up! What exactly (in detail) is a blockzilla? Al
  3. A

Hiawatha Doodle Bugs

Hi Ron it appears your scooter has the original Geeral jumbo JR tires, that is a real plus as reproductions are big dollars. I cannot see the wheels on your bike,but it is possible they may be original. you need the fenders, floor pan, engine plate, seat and quite a lot of msic parts. I am not...
  4. A

Hiawatha Doodle Bugs

The original engine was a Briggs NP, they can be reproduced from a NR with parts from yesterdays rides. If you are looking to get it rolling on a buget start with a standard model N rope start they will directly interchange without tearing up anything original. Yesterdays rides has manuals...
  5. A

Hiawatha Doodle Bugs

Hi Ron Nice to hear from you. All Hiwatha Doodle Bugs are collectable, you can do it any way you wish. If you want to build it into a rider, go ahead. If you do it in a way that you do not desecrate or destroy its natural retro appeal you will be doing good. You can buy or build parts as you...
  6. A

Hiawatha Doodle Bugs

I just returned from Annual Hiawatha Doodle bug reunoin, seen tons of real Doodle Bugs. I am wondering if anyone here has Hiawathha scooters. I have 6 of them and it seems that i am in good company. Is there any more here? Al