Recent content by bmwdr

1. bmwdr

Anybody else from Georgia?

Newnan here!
  2. bmwdr

. That's what I ordered gaskets and a piston for and they worked out fine. Feel free to ask any...

. That's what I ordered gaskets and a piston for and they worked out fine. Feel free to ask any questions as you go along as I have become pretty familiar with this little monster and can save you some time. Last week on E-Bay a motor like this one sold for about 75.00! looked pretty complete...
  3. bmwdr

Hi Paul and thank you. My dad found this at a yard sale back in 1974. He fixed it up and gave it...

Hi Paul and thank you. My dad found this at a yard sale back in 1974. He fixed it up and gave it to me that year on Christmas day when I was 10 years old. He died 2 years later and after I wore it out I put it in boxes and somehow kept up with about 95% of it! My kids are 10 and 12 so after 30...
  4. bmwdr

you need to clear out room in your message box! I cant reply with bird info!

you need to clear out room in your message box! I cant reply with bird info!
  5. Done!

Done!

Looks pretty good!
  6. My little 3.5 Tecumseh

My little 3.5 Tecumseh

This motor has been dragged from house to house for 25 years.
  7. Starting to put it back together.

Starting to put it back together.

This is after 25 years of storage.
  8. bmwdr

Fuel Tank Dent - Ideas?

Oh man - use acetylene in that potato gun! Bleed it in from a welding rig with a little O2 and hold on. We used to shoot tennis balls about a quarter of a mile with a set up like that!
  9. bmwdr

Fuel Tank Dent - Ideas?

LOL - I was just making more out of it than it was due to the lighter fluid post. Didn't think you were going to do it but the now that we have all of this input I think you may reconsider it! Ever fill a baloon with Acetylene, tape some paper to it, light the paper and run? Just wondering...
  10. bmwdr

Fuel Tank Dent - Ideas?

See there! If this works out you could get some plastic surgery and enough cash for another tank! If it gets real graphic we could have a rated and the "newly released unrated version" and maybe double your money! :weld:
  11. bmwdr

Fuel Tank Dent - Ideas?

No matter how well you pop it out it's still going to need some type of filler and paint work to get it back to the original shape. I would just go on and grind it down and not even think of attempting any of these explosive ideas! BUT - If you do the fire cracker or the lighter fluid, match...
  12. Bird with restored Tecumseh 3.5

Bird with restored Tecumseh 3.5

Motors together with most original parts from 1974.
  13. bmwdr

camping pic!

I'm pretty confused at this point! :doah: Is he a clone of a 5.5 Briggs or Tecumpseh? :confused:
  14. bmwdr

Tecumseh Motor Vibrations

Exactly like Tanker said. Top ring up, second ring down. Also make sure piston is pointing forward, should be an arrow on top of piston.
  15. bmwdr

Welder Wanabe

Keep in mind that Sinner has no welding experience at all. Anyone can figure out a MIG in about an hour, but a stick welder takes some skill and a lot of practice to get the hang of. One thing about a MIG that no one mentioned is that it's quick and precise to heat. When you need to worry about...