Recent content by borguetaa

1. B

1976 Yamaha LB 50 Chappy Lighting System

Found an LED flasher on Amazon. Also found a variety of 6v LED bulbs. Most of them say they are for a car's TS, Backup, and brake lights. Are they the same for the motorcycle/chappy? They look the same size fitting.
  2. B

Would I still need to install an LED flasher? Is there a flasher on there now that isn't compatible with LEDs that I must change out? Sorry for so many questions. Its just really nice to have someone who really knows there stuff to bounce things off of before I go bumbling in there blind.
  3. B

Yeah I finally figured that one out!!!! LOL!
  4. B

It's not possible to replace my current bulbs with LED? If so, what would the LEDs be to match?
  5. B

Thank you. I've checked the battery and it actually reads over 6 volts. Does that make sense? I will check the bulbs but they have worked in the past. I've had multiple Chappy's in my life and the horns are always tempermental! I checked the rear ground point on the tail light assembly and had...
  6. B

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. Maybe I have a weak cell in the battery because that is what I'm seeing.
  7. B

Have a 1976 Yamaha LB 50 Chappy. Headlight works. Brake lights and turn signals only work when in neutral and engine revving at high level. Horn not working. Battery reading 7ish volts with engine off. Trying to figure out why brake lights and turn signals don't work unless engine is revving.