Recent content by briggsraptor

1. B

Pull Start Assembly Broke, looking for options

E bay my friend , there thirty bucks. I had the same problem, my Grandson pulled the cord with the motor running and the pull starter grenade on me. Anyway that's where I had to go. Hope that helps.
  2. B

Replacing Pickup tube

Thanx, Dennis
  3. B

Replacing Pickup tube

Trying to figure out the best way to replace the long pickup tube on this B&S carb. I tried a search on the web but couldn't find what I was looking for. Can I get a few suggestions from some of you please. Best Regards...…..
  4. B

5 HP gas tank too big for frame, is smaller size available?

I have a Baja frame that I stuffed a Briggs 5 hp in. I used an adapter plate that I picked up from one of the advertisers might have m been OldMiniBikes warehouse. Works well, however makes the sparkplug a little tight getting to. . I wouldn't go with a smaller fuel cell if you want longevity while riding..
  5. B

Flathead Guides

Ok took off the side cover. On the ARC rods they have a slight divot in the bottom to scoop oil. That is facing the valve side of the engine. Also the dip rod is off center for lack of a better term that is also facing the (valve) back side of the engine. I think after close inspection and I...
  6. B

Spark Plug

Thanks I'll try it :bowdown:
  7. B

Flathead Guides

It is a 5hp IC block with a few aftermarket pieces. ARC rod Weisco piston and Dyno cam. I threw a Raptor carb on her because of the cam. All in all it sounds pretty healthy except for the valve noise. I lapped the valves during assembly and I am running #18 springs. It's been a work in progress...
  8. B

Flathead Guides

Wow sounds like I need more college. That is all said and sounds good however I need more detail. Are the tool part numbers Briggs part numbers? I need illustrations. :censure:
  9. B

Flathead Guides

I have a flathead that was rebuilt. In the process the guides were not replaced. Now I hear a lot of sounds like valve noise. Kind of like a solid cam in a v8. I suspect the guides may be worn. If memory serves me correctly the valves were not sloppy in the guides. My question is, how hard is it...
  10. B

New to me.. '69 Briggs 3hp

I would use this stuff called Red Kote on your tank. It was recommended to me by a member a few years back. I had a leak on the bottom of a 5hp tank. No way would I weld a fuel cell. Try it ......
  11. B

Briggs Raptor

PM Sent
  12. B

5hp I/C ball bearing side cover removal

Your welcome the bearing on the starter side I know is pressed on. Mine was but the other on the PTO side wasn't . Go figure , matbe I jest got lucky. Again have some fun ............
  13. B

Building HS40

Interesting set up, I would like to know also.
  14. B

5hp I/C ball bearing side cover removal

A dual bearing block should have nearly no end play. However a cold block one that is a single bearing and no piston sleeve should have end play. I don't remember the spec off hand but if there is some play in your duel bearing block the bearings are a little worn. No biggie there available at...