Recent content by Bumblebee2

1. Bumblebee2

Predator 212 stock top speed?

After I re-geared my minibike top speed measured with a portable GPS is 42 MPH. That engine has loads of power, next I will try a couple of teeth smaller rear sprocket and see how fast is goes then. John
  2. Bumblebee2

1970 Sears Puncher 100% original barn find

It took me a while to find this, brings back memories. I had one of those as kid, I was like 12. The family had a cabin in at Lake Tahoe and I used to ride it all around there. It was a great minibike.
  3. Bumblebee2

What mini bike can I buy new right now?

I bought an Azusa kit from the same people who bring you this website. It was easy to put together, I originally used a "Harbor Fright Preditor" engine, worked great and the price was right, but then swapped it out with an old classic Briggs & Straton 5 HP engine. With the Briggs I used a CVT...
  4. Bumblebee2

OldMiniBikes.com User Map No Longer Works

San Carlos, California.
  5. Bumblebee2

Help Identifying This Old Honda Mini Trail/ Value?

That is a 1968 (K1 model in Honda Speak.) Z-50A, 49cc's of fun. Later modles has rear shocks, the K-1 is a "hard tail" model with outsprings. Tn recent years these have become collectable so the value has gone up, if it's nice $2000 or more isn't unreasonable. The low end of the scale for an...
  6. Bumblebee2

Azusa Mini-Bike Frame

I am a 230 pounder, never had any probles with my Azusa frame deforming or bending. But, yea, the word minibike has the name "mini" in is so it is supposed to be small. Minibikes are intended for kids. If you are a 400 LB "El Blotto Maxo" even a 350 LB'er you may just be too big for a...
  7. Bumblebee2

Totally done with OldMiniBikes Warehouse! FU!

I have bought things from our sponsor, always had good fast service, the prices for shipping were never out of line. Perhaps a mistake?
  8. Bumblebee2

CA law against mini bikes?

California air natzi's at it again. Most not CARB (California Air Resources Board) approved.
  9. Bumblebee2

Is this a Scam?

If it's too good to be true is most likely is.
  10. Bumblebee2

What would you pay?

Here, you want this? Get it outta here! That's how my finds work, at least. Bumblebee
  11. Bumblebee2

Rupp Roadster.

I had one of those. Problem is I didn't know what I had until it was gone. (I sold it) I had much fun riding it on the street and getting pulled over by cops who just KNEW is wasn't street legal, although it had lights and a license plate. After showing them the registration and insurance...
  12. Bumblebee2

This is why you use billet rods

Yeah, the engines we use are intended to run at 3600 RPM and aren't all that well balanced. You can get them to run a lot fastser, but you run the risk of, well, this. Good news is the parts for these engines are plentiful and not expensive. Now you have a fun project! Bumblebee
  13. Bumblebee2

Not sure if this can classify as Mini bike, so posted this here to potentially maybe keep out of trouble. ''LOL''

https://azusaeng.com/product/azusas-ten-incher-steel-wheel/ Azusa's 10" steel wheel. The link to take you there is above. Available in chrome or black, so far no complaints. Just be careful when mounting the sprocket it's true with no runout. When I first built this bike I didn't check that...
  14. Bumblebee2

Not sure if this can classify as Mini bike, so posted this here to potentially maybe keep out of trouble. ''LOL''

Back in the day when I was still in high school and I was working at a dealership, we called the Express a "Noped" rather than Moped. Our customers couldn't seem to get it through their head it didn't have any petals, therefore California law considered it to be a "motor-driven cycle"...
  15. Bumblebee2

72 Arctic Cat Prowler seat/seat pan help.

On mine I used an aluminum pan, 1/4" thick. I had it cut out my a local surplus metal sales shop here in town and drilled the necessary holes, then had it upholstered by a local motorcycle seat guru. Bumblebee.