Recent content by Butterfingarz

1. B

Blazer(Tote Gote) Briggs Magneto

Well I got the bike running using the original magneto and points setup. There was a small 18awg wire on the backside that looks like broke off the top of the magneto. The new electronic ignition did not work as the legs that pickup the electrical current over the magnets in the flywheel was a...
  2. B

I'm going to order the #591420 electronic ignition and try it out. Although the magneto I have a 4 bolt pattern, I hope the new one with 2 bolts will still work with the bottom two bolts. I may not be able to keep the bracket with the plastic flap on it though.
  3. B

I'll give them a call since E Replacement Parts doesn't have any suggested replacement. Thanks.
  4. B

Thank you. I wonder though the #591420 part mentioned earlier would work with only two bolts? This part seems readily available and doesn't break the bank.
  5. B

The original magneto has a 4 bolt square mounting like on the image in this parts catalog. Page C Top center image. Original part numbers looks to be #291617. https://www.ereplacementparts.com/briggs-stratton-80300-series-engine-parts-c-16758_17347_22194.html Creia - The part number you...
  6. B

I inherited a Blazer mini bike that has the original 3hp Briggs and Stratton 1962 motor. I am trying to get it running first before a full restoration as it has sentimental value to the family. We are not receiving a spark at the plug. I have cleaned and adjusted the points, new spark plug, new...