Recent content by chrisr

1. chrisr

Comet TAV2 30 / Predator 212 Pulley Alignment...???

It may be just the picture, but t looks like the backing plate is being tweaked by pressing up against the head and making the backing plate not straight.
  2. chrisr

Is this normal belt wear for a new torque Converter?

How did the TC perform vs. your previous centrifugal clutch?
  3. chrisr

Is this normal belt wear for a new torque Converter?

You will see some dust, but the Comet belts last longer than the non-Comet. Even the non-Comet they seem to last a long time.
  4. chrisr

Need your advice ASAP on broken TC driven pulley

"A test ride was normal and I'm hoping the master link stays together." I clean the master link the side that slides in/out and put a dab of ATV on it to insure it does not come loose. Seems to work.
  5. chrisr

Need your advice ASAP on broken TC driven pulley

I believe the otter sheave just goes forward counterclockwise and then when you come to a stop it returns to the just left position like in your picture. If you were using a reverse wound spring it would be to the right in your picture and go clockwise.
  6. chrisr

Baja Hawg Ty Torque Converter showed up.......

Please let us know how you like the TC on your trail rides :).
  7. chrisr

Evel Knievel Museum

If you are ever in Kansas, this is a great place to stop by and check out. They have a lot to look at and glad we visited. http://evelknievelmuseum.com/
  8. chrisr

5 miles on the worst trail I have picked so far.......Bent pegs and all.

The torque convertor will extend out a little more maybe than the centrifugal clutch, I know a lot of people on this forum have done this conversion on your type of bike so they may be able to weigh in on this. I have had centrifugal clutch minis that were off roaders and converted to torque...
  9. chrisr

5 miles on the worst trail I have picked so far.......Bent pegs and all.

To your question "Would a Torque Converter have done better? Would the belt hold up?" I think you would find the torque convertor would hold much better to off road and give you more climbing ability. I go off road in Kansas with the bike I built in my avatar that has the 30 series torque...
  10. chrisr

Adding a real head light to Baja Mini...

Question on the two coils "I will be running an engine flywheel alternator with the TWO lighting coils, not the single charging coil. If you go this way you want the THREE magnet flywheel", did you take the two single coil wires to the left AC terminal block with the white/black wires and on the...
  11. chrisr

GX390 charging coil question

Do you have a wiring diagram you can share on how the wires and components are soldered together on the circuit board? Would each single wire coil be married together as one wire and then soldered to the board? Thanks
  12. chrisr

Would it be possible to take two single wire charging GX390 coils and add a diode to remove the AC/convert to DC and a capacitor to smooth out the pulses? The two wire coil is a lot more money vs. two single coils and the factory GX390 rectifiers seem pretty pricey.
  13. chrisr

Thank you
  14. chrisr

Question on why on the single coil only have a single wire and the two coil setup has two wires from each coil? I would have thought doubling up amperage you would have just used two single wire coils. Thanks in advance for your help Single wire...
  15. chrisr

not mine

Manco Big Cat