Recent content by christopherteam

1. C

HS40 Throttle linkage works only when engine is OFF?

And we have lift off! Runs great! Thanks fellas!
  2. C

Ah, ha, I'll give that a shot....
  3. C

Hello, Set up a new tecumseh throttle on my HS40 snowblower engine circa 1970. The set up works flawlessly until I start the engine, then the butter fly moves a hair and no more. Turn engine off and it will work again perfectly. At my wits end. Please help as my son really wants to ride my...
  4. C

Battery powered headlight/tailight recommendations.

Looking for recommendations for headlight and tailight, battery powered AA or AAA batteries or rechargable. Vintage look a plus but not required
  5. C

Recommendation on Kill switches from Amazon

I actually wired it backwards on purpose. I want my son to have a bigger target button to push in a jiffy. Works great!
  6. C

Thanks both switches seem the same, bought the kit for a spare cable. Thanks guys
  7. C

So many to pick from, can anyone recommend one or what to avoid?
  8. C

HS50 No spark after new points and condenser? Test coil?

"If that OG crimp washer that the C/C wires go to is touching the stator body in any way they will ground out. I would remove the wires, tighten the post down (it has to be tight to get the right points setting and operate correctly) recheck for .020" Markus you truly are worthy of your...
  9. C

Took better pics for your "Obi One" feedback Markus. Thank you. The coil wire is grounded to the condenser mount (towards back side)
  10. C

OK thank you. Shopping for new coil now...
  11. C

Yikes, that's too bad. I assume that would mean I'd have to set the timing again. That would be my first redo.
  12. C

Re glued steel flywheel magnets and installed new points (OEM) and condensor in hopes of curing no spark issue. How can I test the coil to rule that out?
  13. C

Flywheel magnet spacing on steel flywheel?

Thank you very much. Not sure how important the spacing is but why just guesstimate? Generous offer on the flywheel. If the JB Weld does not hold, I'll take you up on it. Cheers!
  14. C

Flywheel magnet spacing on steel flywheel?

Magnets came unglued which would help explain part of my no spark issue on my HS50 (1975) There is no visible "footprint" as to where they were. Pics I have found show they are spaced apart. How far would that be? Also north and south magnets: at the 12 oclock postion, which magnet is left...