Recent content by cJAY

1. C

Db30 predator 6.5 upgrade

ok. The update: I got the HEMI 6.5 from HF for 99$. I got a new chain, Max-Torque clutch and a clutch guard form www.OldMiniBikes.com, The install was not hard. Drilled new holes in the plate (had to make them long to fine tune the chain tightness) and install the clutch. Needed to run to...
  2. C

Everything is on order. I will report back with my success!
  3. C

Is this type of thing needed, or can i go straight to the Predator engine? I will no be removing the governor at this time. Thanks.
  4. C

So i will line up the new HEMI engine, drill out the new holes so that the inboard clutch (max-torque 12t) will be in a straight line with the rear sprocket. Adding a new gold/gold chain. No need to a throttle linkage, right? Anything else missing?
  5. C

Also, the kill switch. How do I wire in the kill switch?
  6. C

Also, I have seen after the swap that people have the clutch on backwards. I assume it is to line up the chain. How is that done? Is it always needed?
  7. C

Sorry for the dumb questions that I am about to ask. I have tried searching but still have questions. I appreciate any time that you can spend helping. Thank you. Ordering the Harbor freight engine. #60363 and #69730 are the same price. Is the HEMI any better? Why pick one over the other? I...
  8. C

New to-me, old Mini bike. What is it?

Just picked this up. Going to try to get it running for my kids to play with. Would love to know what it is, so I can begin my research. Thank you all very much.