Recent content by danssoslow

1. D

Briggs Limited modified flathead.

Still available?
  2. D

Briggs 5hp Flathead Intake Question

It's what you suspected it to be, from reading your previous post, so I'd say you were right on top of it. Good deal! I have to admit; as prevalent and well known as the KISS method is, 9 times out of 10 I'll choose to use the KICK method first. As in I could kick myself in the butt for not...
  3. D

Have you pulled the plug to read what might be going on? I was wondering if the length and hard 90* might cause some puddling. Not that I'm anywhere near versed on such things; but rather contemplating mights and ifs. To anyone looking to use one of these to mount a VM20/PZ22 sized slide carb...
  4. D

Searching that number came up with two intakes #s, both appear to have the correct orientation on the engine side, the lower number possibly superseding the other. 37466 and 36785.
  5. D

Do you have a part number for this? Searching the TVS 115 brought up an intake with a reversed engine side pattern on eBay.
  6. D

Drilled sprocket

Klein makes a bunch of different sized bits in the same configuration. Check them out! Carbide Hole Cutters | Klein Tools
  7. D

Clean up?

Ever hear of a Works bomb? You basically made one.
  8. D

SCORE! Briggs 5hp IC

I can confirm this to be true. My Industrial Plus has one hooked up in the same spot. The I/C shouldn't/wouldn't have a DU bushing, as I have read many times on here. The difference between the Plus and I/C is in the bearings and bushings; Plus using DU, the I/C using dual bearings.
  9. D

Another odd fellow...

LC170F£¨D£©S - Loncin lndustries It seems it does in this instance.
  10. D

Wicked0ne~~~Open~Class~~MBX10

Very clean execution on that battery box. I can't wait to see some finished pics!
  11. D

Murray Track 2 Project

How about this: could the risers be moved out, away from center, to allow them to clamp onto the 7/8" diameter of the handle bars? Just enough to avoid the wider knurled part of the bars?
  12. D

Murray Track 2 Project

Do you have a drill press? Maybe you could drill the mounts out to 1"?
  13. D

Which motor for this bike?

As tall as the triple tree appears to set, I bet it would swallow a 125-150cc horizontal engine with ease; and pass for a miniature Japanese retro style bike all day long.
  14. D

Tach

By "hot rod tach", do you mean a round needle type gauge? They have round tachs on eBay that will work on single cylinder engines, but I forget if any were had needles. Rather, most had LEDs, if not all. I'll check my eBay later, if I did find a dial type, it should still be saved. I did...
  15. D

Wanted: H35 side pooper cylinder

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I posted this. I should have posted here that my plans had changed. Although I still have the rest of the parts gathered for the build to copy the "side intake" engine beeing built in the Tec section. If I decide to finish this engine, I'd like to keep you...