Recent content by DaPope

1. D

Help ID'ing briggs

And I derped... 206cc is the same block as the animal... guess I might go back on the parts hunt if it looks good inside.
  2. D

Help ID'ing briggs

Thanks man. Guess I'll just say screw it, mess with rejetting the carb to solve this damn bogging issue and leave modding it until I buy a tillotson.
  3. D

Help ID'ing briggs

That's what I was guessing as well. I'm trying to figure out the damn cc now. I think it may be 208 but briggs also has a 206 and a bunch of others in that range. If I want to buy a cam or such, I need the dang CC. Thanks for helping me confirm I'm not a complete idiot.
  4. D

Help ID'ing briggs

For the life of me I cant figure out Briggs website to ID this stupid thing. Stamped on the valve cover is 030728 FE 120312 0143 E1 Attempting to buy gaskets and other such parts so I can tear into it and see what all has been done to it as it was used to some sort of ghetto racing when I...
  5. D

GPS speedo wrong or am I going insane?

Sorry for the delay. Throttle got stuck wide open on a start and snapped the twist connector. Just got a new one in. Getting the 72 back on was tight but now it is good. Will need to tighten the chain before riding more. Typing on a break. Just set a top speed of 51mph and it wasn't at full...
  6. D

im thinking tomorrow Im going to throw the 72 back on the rear and try again. the mikuni was leaning out on the top end, and seems to be again which made me think the rpm were similar. guess tuning that a bit better will be first, then try the 72.
  7. D

modded briggs 6.5hp ohv. i figured wind resistence would stop me from hitting the supposed 60 plus that the gearing said was possible but literally the same exact top speed has me questioning.
  8. D

Original gearing 12 tooth on torque converter 72 tooth on rear. 15 inch tires New gearing 15 tooth on torque converter 60 on rear. 15 tires Top speed on both is 44mph. Tested repeatedly on same stretch of road. I knew I wasnt going to spin to the same RPM, or at least was hoping not to but it...
  9. D

Changing sprocket on torque converter.

Figured it out. Using a Allen wrench and a 10mm wrench to firmly lock the pulley in place. Took a ton of wiggling to get it just right but since my 15 tooth arrives tomorrow, worth it.
  10. D

That's where I'm having the issue. I know from watching assembly videos if I pull the nut off the front I can slide the shaft out but the issue is I can't figure out how to stabilize the rear pulley so i can torque down on the nut
  11. D

How the heck do I take the rear apart to actually get to the damn sprocket?
  12. D

Yet another sprocket question.

Whelp f it. Ordered the 15 and 60. Here's to hoping
  13. D

I only have 1 picture and won't be back in the state for 4 days. Don't judge, damn thing is definitely a work in progress and the previous owner did not care for her like he should have. Fuel at higher RPMs seems to be a sticking point but according to...
  14. D

Picked up a project mini recently. Originally built for racing, what type I dunno. Engine is a 6.5 hp Briggs, ohv. 22mm mikuni carb, super short header, governor pulled and welded hole. Unsure at this moment what else has been done but it pulls hard. Torque converter, 12 tooth on drive, 72 on...
  15. D

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

Pretty sure my newest pick up belongs here...