Recent content by delray

1. delray

Timing oh hs40 with solid state ignition

if I am correct the solid state engine might also have smaller valves. just depends on the year...etc. and if so the bowl opening/seat area will be smaller too. it doesn't take much to effect a engines performance over another one. just a bad responsive carb can kill it all.
  2. delray

aztalan cycle club

two bikes in the heat race are running big blocks and right before that heat johns carb was off the bike because it was not running good and just happen to be standing there and talking john and chris about it and I mention something to chris he should adjust the meter rod one step and he did...
  3. delray

Weekend at the Races

flat track racing is very cool to watch forsure. I will definitely makes plans to see more next year. this weekend we are invited back to Atwater race track. that was a crazy night the last time we where there. 218 bikes sign up that night...
  4. delray

Weekend at the Races

here tom, I just post some video's from last week racing. https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/aztalan-cycle-club.167156/#post-1220807
  5. delray

aztalan cycle club

this is from last week racing at aztalan flat track. there was some good racing. john and bill racing in a heat side by side. way out in front of the rest of the pack and amost lap the rest of the pack. main race. that was a very close one at the end.
  6. delray

Timing oh hs40 with solid state ignition

from what little timing I have down with points to solid state. the points setup factory spec's run's about 15 degrees and the solid state runs about 20 degrees. if get into the Tecumseh motorsports coil that will put you about 30 degrees. do you have this on the same bike? if not the...
  7. delray

Weekend at the Races

nice tom. I was just at another local clay flat track last weekend for the first time. it was a good amount of bikes racing again. they invited the minibikes guys to race there. I got to talk to one of the original founders that race back in the 70's. from what he was telling me flat tracking...
  8. delray

Grinding a Tecumseh Cam

Yes,thats where you would have to come in with a rough stone first and then clean up the last .010-.020 with a finish stone so it's spot on and you have makesure all your pivot points are true and accurate. For example your door hinges will need to be up graded.
  9. delray

Grinding a Tecumseh Cam

maybe look into using a grinding wheel stone. for example the type that are use for grinding valves. they come in all different finishes. using a grinding wheel you could get a more accurate grind(spot on) with that belt your getting more inaccurate finish with it flopping around. also with a...
  10. delray

Grinding a Tecumseh Cam

that's interesting. magic number that dyno cams told me and they had it posted in the pass on there site was 18 pound springs for the 245 and 20 pounds springs for the 255 and 40-44 for the 356 also seen them post that number at 36 pounds too. I personally would not trust the stock valve springs...
  11. delray

Grinding a Tecumseh Cam

little off on your rpm range for your dyno cams. the 245 is good to 6000+ and the 255 is 7000+ and the 356 is 9000+ (dyno cam spec's) I have use all three cams in well set up motors and I have found the 245 in my hs40 comes on strong at about 3500-3800 and go's easy up 7000+ 255 in a ohh motor...
  12. delray

Prototype 2x2 Bonham Tote Gote

well everybody got there opinion and I'm going with no way in hell that is factory prototype. did anybody see the weld jobs on this bike. especially around the front sprocket mount. I really like the welded nut to help support the front sprocket or how about the custom chicken wells for the...
  13. delray

AM Hawg Ty with new torque converter and electronics test ride

looks like a lot fun riding. I like to build another large baja bike with rear suspension again and run a 7inch 20 series comet(no overdrive) and also a larger rear sprocket with a good strong low end torque motor. get two or more guys together and road trip all day on the trails.
  14. delray

what did them guys think on the bicycles. where they little piss or didn't mind at all.
  15. delray

what I like about them is the tread wraps around to the side. not like most tires don't do and the tire is round allowing to roll the bike hard into the corner and not dumping it. I think the smooth rocks would be the only bad spot?