Recent content by epikness

1. epikness

Finally got the Prowler up and running!

Kept mostly stock with some custom accents. The gearing makes it a hilarious little wheelie machine that will be fun to take off-road, but I might eventually swap to stock gearing. So happy to have it finished!
  2. epikness

Trans fluid

the sachs manual calls for a 25:1 ratio on gas/oil mixing, and .5 pint of sachs gear oil for the case (which can be subbed out with ATF). it's said DEX/MERC ATF is just better to use since it's an older formula for an older engine. but you can go down a rabbit hole of people debating on forums...
  3. epikness

Sachs 50/MA exhaust nut tool... help!

good! it still needed some whacking and but the tool definitely helped.
  4. epikness

Cool, thanks for the tip!
  5. epikness

So the exhaust I need to remove for my Arctic Cat is pretty stuck, and I really don't want to mess up the nut by trying to get it off with random tools. I've only found the exhaust wrench on a random Swedish website and would rather not pay international shipping for a little wrench. Any leads...
  6. epikness

72 Arctic Cat Prowler... starting from not much!

Sadly no. Just picture 40 years of caked on dirt and grease Yeah the sprocket is probably off a Ramrod. I have a smaller one but I'm experimenting. And I'm the kind of person who needs to experience failure, so advice can fall on deaf ears... ha! I pulled the antenna off a 70's Chevy van...
  7. epikness

I bought some crusty ones off the internet, and fixed them up myself. Cleaned the rims & hubs, got new brake shoes, rebalanced the spokes, popped new bearings in... plus the new rim strips/tubes/tires. Lots of elbow grease!
  8. epikness

Just got the rebuilt wheels with new tires on yesterday. It's coming along!
  9. epikness

I do need brake levers/perches. I have some but they're a bit TOO crusty (flakey chrome isn't a good look). If you want to send me pics of that seat I'll take a look. Only thing is I'm not super willing to pay much for a seat because my upholsterer friend essentially offered me a seat for free...
  10. epikness

Not at the seat yet... I'm waiting to get the tank ready to mount so I can map out the pan with the tank in place. Pretty much at this point I need little things. Cables, petcock, grips, hardware, etc. The only "major" part I need is that exhaust shield. Also debating on the tire situation...
  11. epikness

it came with a modified honda recoil which works fine. if i ever come across a sachs recoil that doesn't cost an arm and a leg i'd like to put that on there.
  12. epikness

Arctic Cat Manuals/Decals

Both decals are SOLD.
  13. epikness

WTB Arctic Cat exhaust heat shield.

Good call, I'll send them a message. Still open to folks with parts on here though!
  14. epikness

WTB Arctic Cat exhaust heat shield.

Yeah I've seen that, but I'd like to spend less money since I don't need the whole exhaust setup.
  15. epikness

Arctic Cat Manuals/Decals

Got some duplicates in a manual lot I purchased. SSSCAT II: Owner's Manual - original copy: $25 Owner's Manual - photocopy (x2): $10 each Parts List - original copy: $10 Engine Decals: $10 Tank Decal (only 1 side): $5 SACHS 50 AMAX ENGINE: Parts manual - photocopy (x2): $10 each Everything...