Recent content by Ericturb

1. E

Clutch Bushing? New to engines/etc..

Hey there, I got the DB 30 about a year ago, and as of about a couple weeks ago decided to look into making it faster. Right now I am temporarily getting a new clutch, until I get a 6.5 HP engine. But anyways, my old clutch never got any maintence (I.E: Oil on the bushing). Could someone explain...
  2. E

Baja DB 30 Engine Swap Help!

Hey man thanks for all the followups. That sounds pretty easy, only thing I'm worried about is installing the new clutch, but I hope I have no reason to worry, and if I do I'm confident you'll help me out! How long do you think it will take to receive the clutch from MFGSupply? I ordered it...
  3. E

I havent seen how many teeth are on the stock clutch, but like I said the one I ordered has 11 teeth so I'm hoping it will accelerate faster too. As far as getting the clutch off, what do you need?
  4. E

Ok, so sounds like I wont be getting a new sprocket. But, last night I ordered a 5/8" #35 chain Max Torque clutch. Should it be a smoother ride? Also I think it has 11 teeth, I'm unsure how many teeth mine currently has, but maybe faster acceleration? I just hope its easy to install. I decided I...
  5. E

Oh, and will this sprocket work for the DB 30? I measured diameter of the stock sprocket and it is about 8" exact. Anything I need to look for in a sprocket for it to fit right? And my question still stands whether I'll need a new chain or not.
  6. E

Georgia

I hope that guy was only doing that to see the responses of people... but if he wasnt :stupid:... jeez, we really need to make schools have higher education standards.
  7. E

Db-30 drivers beware!

Cant even drive them on the road here where I am. I've been approached by a cop before but he was nice and just said dont go blowin stop signs or not following normal laws and drive close to the curb. And then I've also gone by cops who just wave. I'm just hoping I dont a cop who has had a bad...
  8. E

Hey Oldsledz, I really appreciate the response man. Faster take off is exactly what I want, but is the top speed lowered dramatically or even noticeably? I think tomorrow I'm gonna call Harbor Freight, and pick it up at the store. $159.99 is in my budget range, then I just need a clutch for it...
  9. E

Hey, I appreciate the response. I'm undecided whether I want to just keep the stock engine and put on a new rear sprocket and also a 5/8" clutch that will fit the crank shaft, or if I should just get a 6.5 engine and a new clutch. I was wondering, if I get a larger sprocket, wouldnt I need a new...
  10. E

Oh, and in addition to all that (since I cant edit the post) I was wondering... I currently have a 5/8" crank shaft I believe. And the engine I'm looking at now has a 3/4" crank shaft, does that mean I should get a 3/4" Bore Clutch? Thanks.
  11. E

Bought a new Baja Doodle bug Blitz

Here ya go :thumbsup: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-parts/3647-6-5hp-engine-conversion-kit-baja-minis.html
  12. E

How do you know when your clutch is dying?

Thanks for sharing that, made my decision in getting a clutch easier for when I get a new engine. I still have original parts in my Baja DB 30, and it rattles now so it has grown old on me. I will be looking into a Comet rather than Max Torque :thumbsup:
  13. E

Hey den35, thanks alot for the help. So is it a breeze installing a new clutch? And I'd want the max-torque one as you had mentioned. I really am just starting to learn about engines (only because of this DB 30). So I dont know much about installing them or installing anything to do with them...
  14. E

For some reason I cannot edit my post. I guess you may not be able to edit twice... so I apologize for the double post but I also do not understand the significance of the Horizontal Shaft measuring? I see most engines are 3/4" but from what I've seen the DB 30 is 5/8". So, what does that mean...
  15. E

Hey there guys. I got a Baja Doodle Bug 30 about a year ago, and decided I need to make it faster now that I ride it more often. I know there is a guy selling the complete kits for the 6.5 HP engine and what not, but I was thinking I could possibly go a little smaller, maybe 5 or 5.5 around...