Recent content by HawkerTyphoon

1. HawkerTyphoon

Briggs Raptor Help

I have a stock Briggs raptor with a mikuni 26mm round slide carb. Anybody know what jet sizes work well. It has fixed idle bleeds so I can change the main jet and the needle jet. I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work well, any hints would be awesome. HT
  2. HawkerTyphoon

1967 Taco 44

Thanks, its good to be back as well Yeah, forks were replaced back in the day, this was originally my dads when he was a kid, he replaced them after the originals were bent.
  3. HawkerTyphoon

1967 Taco 44

Who would have thought it would take me nearly two years! After graduating high school and getting a job, I kind of let this project slide. Well, no longer. Here is my take on the old Taco 44. Briggs Raptor 3 Mikuni 28mm carb Custom air filter 1qt fuel cell Walbro fuel pump Borla Jr...
  4. HawkerTyphoon

A Little Mini Bike History and a 1967 TACO 44

Very cool. I have a 67 44 so the title caught my eye right off. Thanks for sharing. HT
  5. HawkerTyphoon

Taco clone project for kyle

Because I like his minibike and I had a question. Whats wrong with resurrecting a thread? HT
  6. HawkerTyphoon

Taco clone project for kyle

Looks great! Just a quick question, if that is a Briggs engine, isn't the muffler coming out of the carb port? HT
  7. HawkerTyphoon

Homemade roll tubing bender!

We got one of those and they work nicely. We have one of the pedestal benders, a hydraulic press one like above and a home made one that we use the most. We made if for REALLY big stuff. We made all the bent framework for my dad's teardrop trailer with it. All it is is angle iron, some large...
  8. HawkerTyphoon

1967 Taco 44

Thanks. Yeah, I did it myself. The key is acid etch primer. 2 coats of that stuff provides a really nice smooth surface to paint on. I think there are 2-3 coats of purple on the bike also. I had to redo some parts because when I started I was in the shade, but halfway through it turned into...
  9. HawkerTyphoon

How to Make a Stinger Exhaust Pipe

All the welds on my pipe are from a very high dollar Miller MIG, but the cheap welders we have in our garage at home work just as well for the small stuff. One of the welders we have is a 110v flux core Lincoln and I agree, These little machines are pretty cheap but do a fantastic job on just...
  10. HawkerTyphoon

1967 Taco 44

Well it has been a while hasn't it? I finally had some time and such, think clean the garage so I have space to work, to go and get some work done. I cleaned the gas tank and carb, painted them up and mounted them to the engine block. I also made some clutch cover brackets so I can mount...
  11. HawkerTyphoon

Here are the pics after we welded up the holes and made mounting brackets for the clutch cover. HT
  12. HawkerTyphoon

Thanks! I am really glad you shared your idea, I had been contemplating how to do the exhaust and this was a PERFECT answer. You were spot on, I am almost 18 and I am probabbly going to be a machinist or a welder. I just love making stuff out of metal. Nitro or glow fuel is VERY expensive...
  13. HawkerTyphoon

Here is my stinger exhaust. I left about 3 inches or the tip uncut so instead of a constant taper it has a taper to a large barrel shape. The pipe itself is pretty big at 2 inches in diameter so I can't wait to see how it sounds. This morning my Dad and I welded up the holes, they were angled...
  14. HawkerTyphoon

Today during Metal Shop at school I made a stinger pipe and it looks pretty sweet! Thanks so much for showing us how to do this. All my friends thought it was the coolest idea. The pipe I used already had holes running long ways down the pipe but oh well, it was a freebie off the remnant rack...
  15. HawkerTyphoon

Cool, I didn't even think about BBQ paint, the exhaust on my other go-kart bakes the paint of as fast as I can put it on. I will definitely have to give this a try. thanks,HT