Recent content by IsuzuJoe

1. IsuzuJoe

Restoring My Bird Eng. Bike

Been way to busy to update, Finally got some time the last few days to put some more stuff together. Got smaller wheels and tires, got a bigger motor in exchange for a 32 of keystone light, got everything mounted just cannot for the life of me figure out how to hook up the damn throttle.
  2. IsuzuJoe

Sears mini bike scrub brake

In an effort to make my bike as close to original as I can Id like a original scrub brake the steel repo isn't doing it for me and doesn't quite fit right. If anyone has one I would like to take it off your hands. The one im after is like the one in the pic I've attached Thanks, Lucas
  3. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

The small differences between all of them are subtle and sometimes hard to discern, but I appreciate your sage like help. Seems the 6 inch wheel is the stock size but given as i have been unable to source a factory scrub brake I may have to just go with 5 inch tires. Or find a 6 inch tire with a...
  4. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

Markus Thank you for that information! I don't know what the stock tire was when I got it but it did still have the original scrub brake. Im not set on these tires, these are just the ones that I had on the shelf from like 10 years ago. So its a sears runabout? or just some random sears 70's...
  5. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

I will be getting smaller wheels, its the most efficient route to take I think, just down know which ones I wanna get
  6. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

Im a 3rd generation raiders fan and my 2 1/2 yr old son is a 4th gen fan!!
  7. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

I totally cut up some radiator rubber supports off the old unit for my isuzu pickup to cushion the engine lol.
  8. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

Thank you for your input, Ill be going with a newer carb that still bolts to the tank. Ill also look into maybe a smaller set of tires. Just incase anyone else is having the same problems or thoughts heres the link to the carb Ill be getting Click here
  9. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

changing the pickup tube isn't much of an issue for me, I think im gonna go ahead and just get the newer carb off ebay and looking getting some smaller tires at most one size smaller. Those header pipes are freaking awesome! As far as the gas tank I have no idea if my great uncle put a bigger...
  10. IsuzuJoe

Bird Wren problems

So over in my restoration thread im finally fixing up a mini bike I got back in 2001-02ish well im like 80% done but Ive run into some fitment issues. I think most of these stem from the tire/rim size being to big. 1. the gas tank is really really close to the back tire making it so i have to...
  11. IsuzuJoe

B&S 80202 Carb replacement

Will do thank you sir.
  12. IsuzuJoe

So im also having a clearance issue with the tank being 1/4 inch away from the tires. When I first got it years ago it had a techumseh engine on it so the gas tank was on the other side. Im just looking to make it as user friendly for future maintenance as possible. I like the idea of the newer...
  13. IsuzuJoe

So technically it would work with some minor modification, but the PZ19 conversion is probably a better option plus its probably cheaper at this point.
  14. IsuzuJoe

I know its a 3hp I was just curious if a 5hp carb would be a suitable supplement. Thanks for your replies! looks like ill be going the china route
  15. IsuzuJoe

what about this one?http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=312084544224