Recent content by Joe H

1. Joe H

Piston rings for a Kawasaki KD175 Dirtbike

I hope someone can jump in and help you. I ended up spending a bit over that for some Honda CR60 rings, 3rd oversize and had to have them shipped to a friend in England so he could ship them to me because I could not find them anywhere else and the ebay seller would not ship to the states...
  2. Joe H

Mid Ohio Vintage Days July 5-7

We had a great time!! I did get the Benelli out once and took it around the swap meet area, but the camp ground roads got so muddy the poor little thing couldn't get through! I saw two for sale in rough shape at 500 bucks a piece. I was looking around at the meet because I would like a spare...
  3. Joe H

This will be my first time there. Have a few friends who talked me into it. Will be camping there for the weekend. Packing up soon on the road early on the 4th
  4. Joe H

Ill be there..... If you see a rather large fellow riding a Benelli Buzzer hanging out with a bunch of Kawi Triple guys stop and say Hi
  5. Joe H

Bennelli buzzer points timing

Anybody here have experiance with old Benelli minibikes or other pionts iggys. I have been learning but still just a bit confused. I can set them easy enough, Im more wondering about the magnets and the timing and how it all works but I need the dummy version. Or find a CDI to switch to maybe...
  6. Joe H

Ducati..... Bennelli

Took the Benneli buzzer out , it was fair weekend in our town so alot of folks riding and roamning about. Nice day on Saturday for putting around and some people watching. Riding down main street when I see two guys on Ducati's, they see me beep then turn around and pull up next to me and drive...
  7. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

Hmmm... well I would contact Bing directly, there still around. It sure would help your situation to find jets. Here is a link that has helped me identify weird stuff on small engines but I went through it and found nothing but maybe closer study will be fruitful...
  8. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

Keep going untill it starts to run bad then back it down You want it to be just a touch rich (safest) I tried looking up those jets too, can you post a pic of the jets, I’m interested it’s a bit unusual
  9. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

Just keep in mind there are times when you can't hear detno and it can still cause catastrophic failure ......dont ask how I know :oops: So listen carefully and check the plug for tiny spots. The best way is to keep going richer on the main jet until it 4 strokes (runs bad but no noise) then go...
  10. Joe H

70' Benelli Buzzer Fun

Here are a few more pics of some of the mods I did
  11. Joe H

70' Benelli Buzzer Fun

Cool thanks!! I may need parts. Contact me anytime I’m weak on electric also but I got this working and know what parts I used.
  12. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

Just an FYI, because Im a bit weird I run Sunoco 110 in my Bennelli and my CR60 , both are hard to find parts for and I figure its cheap insurance
  13. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

Oh sorry I meant is the partical at the gap where it bridged hard like aluminum. So the sequence in my mind would go like this if it was mine Timing : is it spot on factory spec, 2 stroke timing is differnt than 4 stroke. Running it to advanced even by a few degrees can cause problems on some...
  14. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

Lots of good info on this site https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Bing I’m currently having some problems sorting out a Dellorto 16.16 , I’m gettin close. I’m used to jetting Mikunis My advice to you don’t run it at those rpms untill you figure it out you will blow it up. Also check for air...
  15. Joe H

Weird sound at high rpm

What’s on the plug gap?? Detno causes tiny bits of aluminum from the piston dome to melt and will stick to the plug