Recent content by JohnnyA

1. J

Bird rebuild continued 11 years later

Hey everyone, good to be back. Took a 'little' break there but back at it. Working on getting my 'bird' going again. Best source for wheels, tires, chain that fit? Running an old school briggs 3.5 horse 'kidney' air filter motor. Thanks!
  2. J

Backyard Bird

No worries. Looking for some answers as this is my first bike. Any section in particular
  3. J

Backyard Bird

Hit a hole in the orchard haulin' when I was about 11 or so. Flew over the handlebars Superman style. Dad heated the forks back up then put them in the stand up press. Good as "new" :weld:
  4. J

Backyard Bird

It's red now.... It's back to it's color from when I rode it as a kid...... Engine and handlebars mocked up with some hardware I found around :hammer:
  5. J

Backyard Bird

Semi Close Up of that Briggs...
  6. J

Backyard Bird

3.5 HP. Its the older style with the long side draft carburetor and the "kidney" looking air filter. I'll put pics up soon. It painted it Kubota Tractor Gray because its a tough paint and well, that's what I had hangin' around.
  7. J

Backyard Bird

:1orglaugh: Yep! Hit a hole in the orchard haulin' when I was about 11 or so. Dad heated the forks back up then put them in the stand up press. Good as "new"
  8. J

Backyard Bird

Rode it when i was about 7 to 13. Tore it apart and lost some parts when I was about 18. Now 32, it's time to get it going again including the red color it was as seen by the handlebar grip area. It'll be Briggs powered by the refreshed engine that was on it when I had it the first time.
  9. J

Rebuilding old bike in the garage

WOW! :thumbsup: That's awesome! Thanks! As I remember it, it was pulled out of a heap in my Grandpas garage then rebuilt, so I think it was old then........... I'm gonna Google search the :censure: out of this!
  10. J

Rebuilding old bike in the garage

Rode this bike from the time I was 7 to about 13. I'm now 32.:censure: Anyway, not sure what make it is. It appears to have fenders at one time but who knows? I can get better pics soon. Thanks! -JR